Director of Marketing
In this newly created role as Marketing Director of our New and Custom Furniture category, you’ll have the breadth of strategic and tactical responsibilities to develop and evolve this exciting new category while driving significant revenue growth.
You will have the opportunity to lead all aspects of global marketing in this new space as well as being well-positioned to drive meaningful change.
1stdibs is the leading destination for vintage and antique furniture. We’ve set our sights on evolving our marketplace to include the world’s finest new and custom-made furniture - from top artisans, makers and brands - and we’re looking for the right marketer to lead the way.
Do you have a growth marketing mindset, with experience crafting and developing clear value propositions? Do you have a passion for using data to build out a well-rounded marketing strategy? If you’re excited to join an engaged and diverse team to help grow this new dimension for 1stdibs and change the way people buy new and custom furniture, then read on.
Details to know
You will be reporting into the VP of Customer Marketing. This is one of our top strategic growth initiatives and we are investing resources to help drive this new category to success. We’ve already brought on over 500 top makers and brands with sales steadily growing but we’re still at the beginning of this journey and you can help us get to the next level.
What you’ll do
Be the voice of the customer
- Identify points of customer friction, frustration, excitement and appreciation and evolve our product, experience and brand to better address these needs
- Develop understanding of not only which contemporary products our target consumers and designers buy, but why they prefer those specific options, so we can evolve our positioning and partner with our business development team to bring the right additional supply onto our platform
Develop clear customer value propositions
Example challenges to address:
- Why buy an artisan made product from someone you’ve never heard of?
- Why buy a product from a leading brand on 1stdibs if its sold elsewhere or you could buy it offline?
Drive aggressive growth in new and repeat customers by developing and executing strategies in partnership with marketing and product leads across the organization
- Paid media strategy across Google, Facebook, Pinterest, display prospecting campaigns, etc.
- Email touchpoints across promotional, triggered and transactional communications
- Website and mobile app experiences including customizing items
- 1stdibs NYC retail space
- Print catalog, editorial, SEO, PR, Events and more
- Trade (Interior Designer) Marketing
What you’ll bring
- A real passion for brand AND growth marketing with a track-record that shows it
- 7+ years of marketing experience including at least 3 years client-side
- Experience working in a nimble team with fast-growing expectations
- Well organized and detail-oriented enough to successfully lead multiple cross-functional initiatives simultaneously
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience working in luxury goods or design a strong plus
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Account Executive
- Account Manager
- Business Development Manager - London
- Coordinator, Private Client Services
- Dealer Account Manager
- Dealer Account Manager - Jewelry
- Director of Marketing
- Front-End Engineer
- Head of Customer Experience, Trade
- Java Software Engineer
- Manager, Talent Acquisition
- Marketing Manager, Email and Operations
- Private Client Services, Sales Associate
- Product Manager - Growth
- Product Marketing Manager
- Sales Development Representative
- Senior Customer Support Specialist - (German Speaking)
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Marketing Associate, Email
- Senior Strategic Finance Analyst
- Sr. Account Executive, Trade
- Strategic Partnership Manager
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes