Director, Product Management
As we expand our platform and accelerate growth, we are looking for a results oriented, hands-on, and user-centered Director of Product Management to help scale our organization and build innovative and elegant experiences. As Product lead for our Consumer organization, you will be responsible for redefining our Consumer user experience, currently accounting for 70% of our overall business.
In this newly created role you will lead a product team, drive strategy, prioritize and plan initiatives that will improve consumer experience and drive growth. You will guide multiple product teams on setting and measuring goals, working closely with design, marketing, and engineering to help execute new features as well as to optimize existing user experiences. This is considered to be a highly strategic role for 1stdibs and will report to the Chief Product Officer.
As a senior member of our organization, you will have the opportunity to shape our product strategy and make step-function improvements to our existing platform. You will accomplish this via direct hands-on ownership as well as leadership - both direct and by influence to drive the product strategy, roadmap and launch of products.
You will bring strong product oriented thinking combined with communication, analytical and leadership skills. You must be passionate about leading and managing people, driving business growth, operating with data-driven analysis, and developing emerging web and mobile/responsive technologies.
What you’ll do
- You will be accountable for the org's performance and will ensure we achieve our aggressive growth goals
- You will lead a team of experienced product managers along with a cross-functional team of functional leads, including marketing, engineering and operations leads.
- You will work closely with the Executive team and other functional leads to ensure organizational alignment, track progress and clearly communicate updates on a regular basis
- You will leverage data and analytics as tools to help the organization make critical prioritization decisions
- You will develop a product vision along with a functional roadmap that rolls up each organization's responsibilities
- You will ensure not only successful development of features but also successful commercialization of those features
- You will be able to identify new team members on an as-needed basis
What you’ll bring
- 6+ years of product management experience, preferably in consumer e-commerce or marketplace companies
- Extensive experience in scaling a product or business unit, including forecasting, planning and accountability for its performance
- Ability to create a product plan, identify key metrics to measure progress and drive an organization forward
- Experience managing and developing strong individual contributors
- Leverage data, analysis and subject expertise to make difficult tradeoff decisions to ensure clear prioritization
- Strong use of analytics, user research and business cases to drive decisions
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with particular grasp of storytelling and multi-phased roadmap communication
- Ability to break down complex problems and communicate effectively across different functions to identify potential solutions
- Will not shy away from difficult discussions to identify root problems, whether it's with Engineering, Finance, etc.
- Experience building virtual teams with subject experts across the company, leading them to work together and create a roadmap for the solution
- Demonstrated success in leading critical company initiatives
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Associate Editor
- Business Development Executive
- Business Development Manager, London
- Customer Experience Specialist
- Director, Product Management
- Front-End Engineer
- Head of Customer Experience and Operations
- Java Software Engineer
- Marketing Manager
- Marketplace Support Specialist
- Marketplace Trust Manager
- People Coordinator
- Product Manager, Rewards
- Product Manager, Traffic Growth
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Product Designer
- Showroom Manager
- Social Media Manager
- Staff Accountant
- Strategic Account Executive
- Strategic Planning - Supply lead
- UX Copywriter - Temporary Role
- Vetting Specialist
- Weekend Logistics Specialist
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes