Employee Experience and Communications Director
We are looking for an Employee Experience and Communications leader to join our New York,NY People team. They will help ensure that all 1stDibbers have a great experience and sense of belonging at 1stDibs. In this role you will design, develop, and implement initiatives to ensure 1stDibbers across all locations are informed about the 1stDibs mission and vision, and have a sense of purpose and belonging. You will also be responsible for driving connectivity amongst our employee base, finding ways for employees to come together, get to know, and build relationships with the unique and diverse community of individuals who work here.
This role is both a strategic and hands on role, and will have the ability to impact a growing and evolving business for the future. In many ways this role is ensuring that the culture we have doesn’t just happen, but rather is intentionally built with the goal of having 1stDibs be considered a great place to work with an inclusive culture.
You as a Employee Experience and Communications leader will be someone who can effectively build relationships with the employee base, use data to make decisions, demonstrate excellent judgement, and be able to navigate through competing priorities. You will be responsible for designing and leading initiatives that help keep all 1stDibbers connected, engaged, and informed. This role will be a part of the People Team reporting to the Chief People Officer and will also work closely with our Head of Communications.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the strategic development and execution of employee communications and engagement programs with an aim to build internal understanding of 1stDibs business strategy, culture, and values using a range of formats (e.g. written, experiential, digital) and channels (e.g. intranet, social, events)
- Build relationships with the employee base and represent the voice of the employees to leadership when developing programs and initiatives
- Create and execute innovative strategies for employee connectivity across teams, offices, countries, time zones etc.
- Oversee and provide guidance to all employee led resource groups and clubs by developing goals, engagement strategies, and providing budget oversight where applicable
- Implement internally led learning & development programming focused on onboarding, professional development, and leadership development
- Establish and track metrics that help correlate connectivity and communications programs to employee success and organization performance.
- Partner with leaders across the organization to implement positive employee experience practices into day to day employee experiences.
- Take a data-driven approach to employee experience and engagement, which includes owning (and iterating) on our existing framework for measuring and delivering on our goals
- Champion Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Be a strong voice for inclusion and belonging with internal and external audiences, championing our culture and values to audiences in all communities; Build and represent 1stDibs in external partnerships.
- Play a vital role in culture across the entire company by supporting expansion efforts globally.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and practices and use that knowledge to inform and propose initiatives
- Research and develop wellness programs for employees to ensure proper work life balance and health
What You Will Bring:
- 10+ years of progressive experience in Employee Engagement, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Learning & Development, or Employee Communications
- Proven track record in successfully building and maintaining employee programs that drive employee satisfaction, connectivity, and engagement
- Experience using data to drive decision making
- Expertise in project management and change management
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about building an inclusive culture
1stDibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.
- Chief Commercial Officer
- Customer Enablement and Content Delivery Manager
- Data Engineer
- Email Marketing Analyst
- Employee Experience and Communications Director
- Fixed Term Recruiter
- General Counsel
- Graphic Designer
- Integrated Marketing Coordinator
- International/Domestic Logistics Coordinator
- Logistics Payable Coordinator
- Marketing Operations Coordinator
- Marketplace Trust Associate
- Merchandising Analyst
- Product Analyst
- Product Designer
- Product Designer (Buyer)
- Product Manager, Logistics
- Product Manager, Search
- Product Manager, Structured Data
- Salesforce Admin
- Seller Partner Manager (French Speaking)
- Senior Director Logistics
- Senior Graphic Designer
- Senior Manager, Revenue Operations
- Senior Product Manager - Buyer Experience
- Senior Product Manager, Message Center
- Social Coordinator
- Supply Operations Associate
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits