Employee Experience Associate
Our people are our most important asset, and the Employee Experience Associate plays a critical role in building and maintaining a culture of connectivity, collaboration and development. As the Employee Experience Associate you will never have a dull moment. On any given day you could be leading new employee training, organizing a happy hour, coordinating an all-hands meeting or drafting our weekly employee newsletter.
You will be a self-starter who can jump in without being asked, see the big picture but pay close attention to detail, and demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills. We care about each other and love to laugh so empathy and a sense of humor are a must. We have a startup culture that is constantly evolving so comfort with ambiguity is very important. In exchange, you’ll be given the opportunity to work with and learn from some of the most passionate, driven and creative people assembled under one roof.
Core responsibilities include organizing employee events, welcoming new employees, encouraging cross-team collaboration, ensuring transparent communication across the company and identifying learning and development opportunities. This position reports into the People Manager.
What you’ll do
- Act as a support for Employee Resource Groups and Employee Events Groups
- Work with the People Manager to organize and launch formal and informal learning programs - employee training, manager training, soft skills training, lunch and learns, etc. Manage external partners as applicable.
- Create, deliver and refine employee trainings.
- Coordinate weekly all-hands meetings. This includes developing a master calendar and prepping speakers.
- Collect content and work with the People Coordinator to publish Dibs Digest, our weekly employee newsletter.
- Schedule social activities and events to bring our teams together (celebrations, happy hours, etc). Including promotion, setup, and vendor management, if applicable.
- Lead new employee onboarding
What you’ll bring
- 2+ years experience in a people focused role
- Must be comfortable balancing multiple tasks at once while staying calm, cool & collected.
- Passionate about providing the best employee experience and are extremely resourceful in your manner of problem-solving.
- Able to get your hands dirty running the day-to-day but have the ability to be strategic when looking for ways to improve overall experience.
- Are always looking for ways to become even more organized - you may or may not have color coded your weekly planner.
- Are a hardworking individual that can assist in the management of a fast-paced office while maintaining a calm, positive, proactive and professional attitude.
- Would rate your positive energy as an 11 out of 10.
- Wants to join a team that is always engaging, challenges you daily, will keep you laughing so hard your stomach may hurt and will remind you that there are still passionate, yet whacky and humble people in this world.
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Account Executive
- Account Manager
- Coordinator, Private Client Services
- Customer Service Specialist
- Director of Marketing
- Employee Experience Associate
- Front-End Engineer
- Head of Business Development - London
- Head of Customer Experience and Operations
- Head of Growth, Jewelry
- International Logistics Specialist
- Java Software Engineer
- Manager, Talent Acquisition
- Market Development Manager
- Marketing Manager, Email and Operations
- Private Client Services, Sales Associate
- Product Manager, Traffic Growth
- Sales Development Representative
- Salesforce Administrator
- Sales Manager
- Senior Customer Support Specialist - (German Speaking)
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Strategic Finance Analyst
- Sr. Account Executive, Trade
- Strategic Partnership Manager
- Vetting Specialist
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes