As the Executive Assistant for the Chief Commercial Officer and Chief Product Officer, you will be responsible for ensuring that these executives have the space and mindshare to focus on the highest priority work at any given time. This will include a balance of typical EA responsibilities -- managing schedules, making travel arrangements, screening correspondence, etc. -- in addition to higher-order work like handling highly sensitive information with diplomacy; representing the company at events as the trouble-shooter; always thinking one step ahead about what is going on, and taking on special projects. You will be in a highly visible position across the 1stdibs organization, and likely to interact with our dealers, the media, and members of the Board and executive team. You will report to the Chief Commercial Officer and Chief Product Officer.
What you’ll do
- Ensure that the executive is where she needs to be when she needs to be there
- Proactively manage calendars for the executive, and for other team members, on occasion.
- Create detailed daily itineraries that represent the latest priorities (which are constantly shifting). Make sure the executive follows these itineraries in a timely manner.
- Arrange meetings, calls, events, and travel. Set and test everything out in advance to ensure a seamless experience.
- Make sure that the executive is up-to-date on her team-wide communications and internal responsibilities
- Screen, prioritize, and (when needed) respond to incoming correspondence with impeccable grammar and tone.
- Develop a ‘system’ (e.g., email folders, prioritized color-coding) that enables the executive to focus her time on activities that only she can do.
- Perform admin tasks such as completing expense forms, proofreading, prepping meeting materials.
- Maintain an intuitive online filing system that enables quick information retrieval.
- Accurately represent the executive’s point of view when discussing matters with internal employees.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality when handling sensitive corporate or personnel matters.
- Collaborate with her team and fellow execs to make sure everyone is on the same page, and working towards the same goal(s).
- Prepare outlines and/or materials for meetings, board slides etc using programs like Office and GoogleDocs
- Manage external relationships
- Represent the company with poise and professionalism when interacting with internal/external persons.
- Be the point-person during internal and external company events, handling ad hoc issues as they arise.
- Handle calls with customers, vendors, etc. with diplomacy and patience.
- Coordinate with other support staff on company events, such as all hands or Directors meetings
- Handle special projects, as needed
- Handle personal scheduling and projects such as family doctors appointments, personal travel, kids’ school activities
Who you’ll bring
- 1-3 years of executive administrative experience, working for an extremely busy exec or execs
- Reliably stays on top of multiple, perpetually evolving projects with keen detail orientation
- Exhibits a contagious calm under pressure; exudes positivity
- Track record of success in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment
- Never misses a deadline or drops a ball
- Stays ahead of the problem, is proactive at following up
- Demonstrates executive-level written and verbal communication skills; poised when interfacing with execs/Board of Directors
- Possesses advanced MS Office, Google docs skills, particularly Excel and Powerpoint
- Proficient in Salesforce.com (a plus)
- Holds a bachelor's degree preferred
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Account Executive
- Account Management Team Lead
- Art & Design Research Intern
- Cash Accountant
- Client Services Specialist
- Creative Director
- Data Analyst
- Data Engineer
- Director, Luxury Client Sales
- Director, Revenue Operations
- Editorial Intern (Part-Time)
- Email Marketing Associate
- Executive Assistant
- German Language Client Services Specialist
- Head of Public Relations
- Java Software Engineer
- Jewelry Sales Specialist
- Junior Account Executive
- Junior Data Engineer
- Lead iOS Developer
- Manager, Technical Accounting
- Marketing Copywriter
- Senior Email Marketing Associate
- Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
- Senior Marketing Manager, Jewelry
- Senior Merchandising Associate
- Sr Marketing Manager, 1stdibs Gallery and Vintage & Antique
- Strategic Partner Operations, Team Lead
- Strategic Partnership Manager
- Technical Marketing Analyst
- UX Researcher
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes