As an Executive Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting the executive team at 1stDibs executives and their teams. This will include a balance of managing schedules, making travel arrangements, screening correspondence, etc. -- in addition to higher-order work like handling highly sensitive information with diplomacy; representing the company at events as the trouble-shooter; and taking on special projects.
You will be in a highly visible position across the 1stDibs organization, and likely to interact with our employee base, our sellers, our customers, the media, and members of the Board and executive team.
What you’ll do
- Flawlessly manage executives’ calendars and travel to maintain consistency and continuity to create seamless day to day work environment; proactively plan ahead, provide reminders, and work blocks so that time can be managed efficiently and realistically
- Proactively manage calendars for the executives, ranging from large, internal cross-functional meetings to external events with key members of the design community.
- Arrange meetings, calls, events, and travel. Set and test everything out in advance to ensure a seamless experience.
- Facilitate the executives’ internal and external communications
- Perform admin tasks such as completing expense forms, proofreading, prepping meeting materials, contracts, and vendor relationships,etc
- Maintain an intuitive online filing system that enables quick information retrieval.
- Accurately represent the executives’ point of view when discussing matters with internal employees.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality when handling sensitive corporate or personnel matters.
- Collaborate with their teams and fellow execs to make sure everyone is on the same page, and working towards the same goal(s). Share cross functional, relevant team information, surface company happenings, priorities, action points, upcoming events, feedback
- Manage internal and external relationships. Represent the company with poise and professionalism when interacting with internal/external audiences.
- Be the point-person during internal and external company events, handling ad hoc issues as they arise.
- Exercise business judgement and discretion in all contexts with all audiences. Be confidential, trustworthy, reliable, & confident and use discretion and best judgement to prioritize the needs of each team
- Handle special projects and responsibilities, as needed, like taking notes during meetings, or covering other executives’ desks
What you’ll bring
- 1-3 years of administrative experience, managing competing priorities
- Proven ability to stay on top of multiple, perpetually-evolving projects with keen detail orientation, and never miss a deadline
- A track record of success in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment
- A proactive approach: you’re always ahead of the problem, and have a penchant for following up
- Executive-level written and verbal communication skills; you’re poised when interfacing with execs/Board of Directors
- Advanced MS Office (particularly Excel and Powerpoint) and G Suite (Sheets and Slides) skills
- Interest in the luxury consumer, the design industry, the arts and/or e-commerce a plus!
1stDibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.
- Back-End Engineer
- Chief Commercial Officer
- Client Enablement and Onboarding Manager
- Customer Enablement and Content Delivery Manager
- Data Engineer
- Director, Product Management - International
- Domestic Logistics Coordinator
- Employee Experience and Communications Director
- Executive Assistant
- Fixed Term Junior Data Analyst
- Graphic Designer
- IT Support Specialist
- Logistics Payable Coordinator - Part-time
- Private Client Specialist - Furniture/Art
- Private Client Specialist - Jewelry/Fashion
- Product Designer
- Product Designer – Buyer Experience
- Product Manager, Logistics
- Product Manager, Search
- Product Manager, Structured Data
- Salesforce Admin
- Senior Director Logistics
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Product Analyst
- Senior Product Manager, Message Center
- Senior Social Media Manager
- SEO Associate
- SEO Senior Manager
- Sr. Manager, Fine Art Sales
- Strategic Client Associate
- Trade Business Development Associate
- Web Analytics Administrator
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits