Fixed Term Junior Data Analyst
1stDibs is the leading destination for vintage, antique and contemporary furniture, jewelry, art, and fashion. As a two-sided e-commerce platform, we bring together buyers of unique, beautiful things with the preeminent sellers in these categories. We are looking for a current undergraduate senior to join our analytics team as Fixed Term Junior Data Analyst and help stakeholders across the business unlock powerful insights and drive growth through impactful and innovative use of data.
Who you are
You’re naturally curious about consumer behavior and bring a passion not only for finding interesting nuggets of insight amongst a sea of data but also in the way you present your finding back to the business. As a business that has a core value of saying it with data, the role will give you the opportunity to learn and develop expertise around how a luxury e-commerce marketplace leverages analytics to drive decisions. Moreover, you will get hands-on experience in retail analytics and a chance to apply what you’ve learned at school to real-world transactional and web-tracking data. Your work will inform the strategy for one or more of our business units and have an impact on the growth of the company.
We have a startup culture that is constantly evolving so comfort with ambiguity is very important. In exchange, you’ll be given the opportunity to work with and learn from some of the most passionate, driven and creative people assembled under one roof!
What you’ll do
- Collaborate closely with all areas of the business (Product, Marketing, Operations, Supply) to provide scalable reports, dashboards and visualizations that inform key stakeholders and drive business processes
- Combine data from multiple data sources to be able to analyze customer behavior across our platform
- Work together with other analytics team members to discuss your findings and identify areas to dig deeper on
- Generate insights from your analysis and present these back to relevant stakeholders
What you’ll bring
- Graduating with a B.S./B.A. in a quantitative field e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, etc
- Passionate about data analytics, data visualization and understanding consumer behavior
- Excellent verbal, written and visual presentation skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Can confidently write queries in SQL - Required
- Proficiency using Google Suite products (Docs, Sheets, Slides) or equivalent MS Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Knowledge of statistical analysis coding languages would be advantageous e.g. SAS (preferred), Python or R
- Knowledge of BI tools such as Looker, Tableau, etc a plus
- Prior experience working with retail transaction data a plus
1stDibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.
- Back-End Engineer
- Chief Commercial Officer
- Client Enablement and Onboarding Manager
- Customer Enablement and Content Delivery Manager
- Data Engineer
- Director, Product Management - International
- Domestic Logistics Coordinator
- Employee Experience and Communications Director
- Executive Assistant
- Fixed Term Junior Data Analyst
- Graphic Designer
- IT Support Specialist
- Logistics Payable Coordinator - Part-time
- Private Client Specialist - Furniture/Art
- Private Client Specialist - Jewelry/Fashion
- Product Designer
- Product Designer – Buyer Experience
- Product Manager, Logistics
- Product Manager, Search
- Product Manager, Structured Data
- Salesforce Admin
- Senior Director Logistics
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Product Analyst
- Senior Product Manager, Message Center
- Senior Social Media Manager
- SEO Associate
- SEO Senior Manager
- Sr. Manager, Fine Art Sales
- Strategic Client Associate
- Trade Business Development Associate
- Web Analytics Administrator
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits