Gallery Operations Coordinator
Here at 1stdibs we are looking to hire a Gallery Operations Coordinator for our soon-to-be-launched Flagship Gallery of the future. Being one of our first hires, you will have the opportunity to help shape the future of this integrated, omnichannel experience that connects the Gallery and our website.
Under the leadership of the Gallery Director, you will be tasked with completely owning all operational functionality of the Gallery in order to ensure productivity and business success – from managing stock, to receiving shipment, from vendor follow up, to ensuring compliance with Gallery procedures, you will do it all. Additionally, you’ll be extending your operational liaison to support over 50 of 1stdibs’ most exciting sellers and will foster deep relationships with the Trade, their clients, and our seller community.
As a creative, strategic and highly structured ops champ, you will bring 1-3 years of operational savvy and are ready to jump in, learn, iterate and get it done! While you excel at following procedure and love a good check-list, you are comfortable with change and reprioritization. Your can-do attitude, the ability to multitask, high emotional intelligence, and strong critical thinking will make you flourish in this role. If this sounds like you, we would love for you to join the 1stdibs family.
What you’ll do
- Be an exceptional 1stdibs brand ambassador to customers, vendors, internal partners and stakeholders by embodying one of our core values, ‘Create beautiful experiences’.
- Take responsibility for Gallery functionality from an operational standpoint - own back of house tasks, gallery processes and registrar activities such as maintaining gallery data and tagging new merchandise
- Manage all operations related to the building space such as coordination of freight elevator use with vendors and exhibitors, filing of COIs, monitoring of tasks through the building’s centralized work tool and monitoring/reordering stock levels and supplies
- Pick, pack, and ship outbound customer orders that ship via parcel
- Coordinate pickup of outbound customer orders that ship via white glove delivery
- Oversee general housekeeping and upkeep of gallery spaces - front and back of house
- Maintain the Gallery calendar including but not limited to: events, exhibitor visits, client appointments, pickups/deliveries, restorations, and repairs etc
- Support the Gallery staff with sales & service and partner with HQ as needed
What you’ll bring
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of operations experience in a retail setting and a functional knowledge of interiors/furniture or design-focused business
- A self-directed nature, task-oriented mindset, and an innate desire to problem-solve
- Exceptional organization, keen attention to detail, and the ability to juggle multiple moving pieces in a dynamic, quickly evolving environment
- A data-driven and analytical approach to problem-solving and prioritizing with proven follow through, speed and accuracy
- A relentless passion for providing the highest level of service and a willingness to go above and beyond in order to ensure a magical client experience
- A passion for continued learning and feedback and a desire to grow with the company
- Ability to routinely move objects weighing more than 25 lbs and to understand safety requirements
- Ability to maneuver effectively around the gallery floor, stock room and office
- Position entails prolonged standing, twisting, stooping, kneeling, squatting, bending and climbing
This role will follow 1stdibs Gallery hours which will be between 9:30 am - 6:30 pm, Monday to Friday. However, flexibility to come in early or stay late will be required depending on the day and business needs. Ability to work select evenings and weekends for events is required.
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion, and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Customer Experience Specialist
- Customer Service Specialist
- Director, EU Account Management
- Front-End Engineer
- Gallery Associate
- Gallery Coordinator
- Gallery Lead
- Gallery Operations Coordinator
- Java Software Engineer
- Payroll Associate
- Product Manager, Rewards
- Senior Analyst - Business Intelligence
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Product Designer
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes