Head of Customer Experience, Trade
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for one-of-a-kind products. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, vintage furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion, and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Index Ventures, Spark Capital, and Alibaba Group 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, and Twitter.
1stdibs is seeking a leader for our Trade Customer Experience team. Reporting into the VP of Trade, the Senior Manager will define and deliver a service experience that matches the 1stdibs brand promise.
This is an evolving function within a growing company, so comfort with ambiguity, change, and very hands-on work is important. It’s crucial for the Senior Manager to be a strong leader, coach, and advocate for her/his team.
What you'll do
- Develop and oversee the Trade Customer experience teams, which serves a global base of interior designers and architects.
- Define the standards of service, the processes to deliver on them, and the coaching strategy to continually build the capabilities of the team.
- Develop a training and development program to accelerate onboarding and continually build the skills of the team.
- Manage the metrics to ensure we deliver on our standards of service and lead continuous improvement efforts to drive higher performance.
- Be the voice of the customer to inform service, product and marketing strategy.
- Partner with Finance to build forecasting models, design effective compensation plans, and build staffing plans to enable continued rapid growth.
- Partner with sales to ensure sales reps are focused on relationship building and growing share of wallet from accounts, while customer experience team is focused on ensuring purchases are a seamless experience.
What you’ll bring
- 5 -7 years experience in a customer service, account management, or customer success role within a consumer company
- 3+ years scaling and managing a growing team
- Overseeing a team of 10+ customer focused associates
- Experience within a digital/e-commerce environment and a firm understanding of the online shopping experience
- A history of leading customer service and sales organizations through periods of rapid growth
- Proven experience leveraging and implementing technology solutions to optimize team performance; deep familiarity with Salesforce
- Analytically strong, with experience using Excel, Salesforce and other tools to analyze, manage and report on team performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to build relationships with subordinates, peers, executives and clients
- Customer Service Specialist
- Dealer Relations Intern
- Director of Marketing (Trade)
- Finance Analyst
- Head of Customer Experience, Trade
- (HR) People Manager
- Java Software Engineer
- Lead UX Researcher
- New & Custom Concierge
- Private Client Services, Senior Sales Associate
- Product Design Intern
- Product Manager - Growth
- Product Manager - Seller Experience
- Product Marketing Manager
- Sales Operations Manager
- Senior Customer Support Specialist - (German Speaking)
- Senior Manager, Growth and Product Marketing
- Senior UX Designer
- Sr. Account Executive, Trade
- Team Lead, International Logistics
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes