Head of Luxury Client Sales
1stDibs is looking to add a Head of Luxury Client Sales to continue to create a personalized luxury online shopping experience. You will be responsible for elevating the 1stDibs high value client journey with a focus on growth and retention of existing high-level and loyal shoppers, as well as developing new potential clients into high-frequency shoppers.
This will involve leading the team to achieve challenging sales and service targets, launching new initiatives and processes, scaling across and investing in the team culture, hiring and developing top talent, and collaborating with cross-functional leaders.
To be successful in this role you will have an operational and commercial mindset with a deep knowledge of sales and service in a luxury digital, high-growth setting. You will have a proven track record working with and nurturing sales and account management teams that have a nuanced and high-touch client life cycle. You’ll have the capability to develop strategies and actions to enable the achievement of sales and service targets, but most importantly, you’ll be committed to developing and motivating your team to create a high performance and positive culture. In exchange, you’ll be given the opportunity to work with, and learn from, some of the most passionate, driven and creative people assembled under one roof.
What you’ll do
- Build out the operational plan for your team, setting goals and KPIs, to ensure best-in-class clienteling and sales generation. You’ll regularly report against KPIs, suggesting recommendations and a plan to drive improvement
- You’ll inspire, lead and develop a teams of sales representatives, engaging them with the overall strategy and ensuring regular and clear communication
- Your focus will be on coaching sales, clienteling and account development techniques to grow and retain our high-value clients
- Provide innovative, scalable solutions including data management, pipeline management and sales processes to achieve team goals
- You’ll influence and collaborate with cross functional teams to facilitate discussion and decisions to improve overall client experience and create team-wide best practices, as well as identify client needs across our platform
- Develop a structured and consistent program of training & development activities to support team growth and progression of individuals
What you’ll bring
- 8+ years of relevant experience with at least 3-4 years in a management role for sales or account management teams with a focus on high value clients, preferably in the luxury industry
- Experience within a digital or e-commerce company and a firm understanding of the online shopping experience, preferably in a high growth environment
- Experience leading teams as well as managers, with a proven track record of exceeding client and sales targets
- Ability to demonstrate a client-centric approach with excellent service skills and excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to build relationships across all levels of the organization
- Collaborative approach to teamwork, and a flexible working style, together with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical and able to make data-driven decisions
- Comfort with Salesforce or similar CRM
1stDibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.
- Accounting Manager
- Associate Product Manager, SEO
- Business Development Manager
- Chief Commercial Officer
- Concierge Support Specialist
- Director of CX & Operations
- Front-End Engineer
- Front-End Engineer
- Global Head, Logistics Operations
- Head of Luxury Client Sales
- Head of Talent
- iOS Developer
- Jewelry Specialist
- Lead Product Designer
- Localization Manager
- Manager, Concierge Support
- Product Manager, International
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Java Engineer
- Senior Lifecycle Marketing Associate
- Senior Product Analyst
- Senior Product Manager, Message Center
- Senior SEO Manager
- Senior Specialist, Fine Art Sales
- SEO Senior Manager, International
- Technical Email Manager (Salesforce)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits