Head of Talent Acquisition
We’re looking for a Head of Talent Acquisition to help build the 1stdibs team across engineering, product, sales, marketing and operations roles. In this role you can define the direction for sourcing and attracting top talent, set the bar for candidate experience, and close the best talent to join the team.
This role is both a strategic and hands on role, and will have the ability to impact a growing and evolving business. We are seeking an experienced Head of Talent Acquisition who can effectively interact with business leaders at all levels through demonstrating excellent communication skills, strong business acumen, and navigation between competing priorities. This role will lead the small but mighty Talent Acquisition Team, and will report to the Chief People Officer.
What you’ll do
- Partner with business leaders to design, build, and execute a strategic hiring plan to attract the best talent to join the team.
- Advise business stakeholders on addressable talent markets, conduct talent pool analysis and build and organize talent research.
- Define and deliver on the 1stdibs candidate experience from initial outreach to interviews to onboarding; ensure that all candidates speak highly of their experience
- Manage external vendors as necessary, including contracting and regular progress reviews.
- Manage a team of talent acquisition specialists, aligning them against specific business needs and providing ongoing support and development
- Design, implement and maintain the appropriate processes, data, tools, systems, and training necessary to scale and support the function
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of recruiting experience in high growth start-up environments
- Demonstrated expertise in full life-cycle recruiting across levels and roles, with a robust network of talent in the NYC tech community
- Experience managing, mentoring and scaling a Talent Acquisition team with a Player-Coach mentality
- Strong project management capabilities to manage own roles in addition to those of the larger TA team and vendors
- Fluid communicator able to present to large and small audiences and establish rapport with candidates and employees at all levels
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment while being a champion for change; supremely focused on getting things done in a highly organized way
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Client Success Specialist - Design Manager
- Concierge Support Specialist
- Head of Talent Acquisition
- International Logistics Coordinator
- Java Software Engineer
- Lead Product Designer
- Logistics Claims Coordinator
- Logistics Payable Coordinator (Part-time)
- Office Coordinator
- People Business Partner
- Private Client Specialist, Jewelry & Fashion
- Product Director - Supply Platform
- Senior Data Analyst
- Senior iOS Engineer
- Senior Marketing Analyst
- Senior Product Designer
- Social Media Art Director
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes