Internal Audit Manager
We are seeking a hands-on Internal Audit Manager to join our newly formed Internal Audit organization. The role will partner with the Head of Internal Audit, the Finance Team, and stakeholders across the entire company to enable the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls in business processes, finance, ITGC, cybersecurity and data privacy.
As a new public company, we are looking for someone who is highly motivated and organized and has the proven ability to adapt well in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and diverse team. We are looking for a leader to help us transform internal audit into a high-performing team.
The role will be reporting to the Head of Internal Audit and will have significant responsibility for leading and managing all aspects of the internal audit function.
What you’ll do
- Assist with the implementation of a public company SOX compliance program.
- Perform walkthroughs to understand and document business processes, identify key controls, and develop and execute testing plans to assess the design and operating effectiveness of those controls.
- Ensure that a robust set of IT general controls is in place and operating effectively, while working with IT leadership to help assess new IT control risks in a constantly changing environment.
- Identify key financial, business, and regulatory risks and opportunities for enhancements to internal controls, and work with management to ensure timely and effective remediation.
- Identify, research, and implement solutions needed to support public company SOX compliance.
- Engage effectively cross-functionally to support transparency and cooperation from other business functions.
- Develop and deliver training programs for staff around risk management, compliance and internal controls.
- Collaborate with other corporate risk and control functions to ensure all relevant compliance activities are performed.
What you'll bring
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Accounting, Finance, or another relevant field required
- CPA, CIA or CISA highly desirable
- 3-5+ years of experience in public accounting or in internal audit at a public company
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, ITGC, COSO Framework, and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Excellent project management and both written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, personable, organized, and a team player
1stDibs is a leading online marketplace for connecting design lovers with highly coveted sellers and makers of vintage, antique, and contemporary furniture, home décor, art, fine jewelry, watches and fashion.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Associate Product Manager-NFT
- Business Operations Specialist
- Client Services Specialist
- Client Services Specialist (German Speaking)
- Customer Service Representative
- Customer Support Associate
- Director of Strategy & Operations (Sales & Sellers)
- Head of Logistics
- Integrated Marketing Coordinator
- Internal Audit Manager
- IT Support Specialist
- Manager of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting
- Marketing Coordinator, Trade
- Product Marketing Manager
- Project Manager, Sellers/Sales Strategy
- Sales Director
- Sales Executive
- Seller Support Specialist
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Full Stack Engineer - NFT Marketplace
- Senior Manager, Specialist & Expertise
- Sr. Manager, Paid Media
- VP - Controller
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits