International Logistics Specialist - UK
1stdibs has a strong international presence. For several years, we have had a team operating out of Wyboston Lakes, United Kingdom including professionals on our leadership, account management, and sales teams. Now, as our marketplace continues to expand, we are also expanding our global Logistics team into our UK office.
We are seeking a Logistics Specialist focused on international shipments to help scale our complex fulfillment network within a fast-paced business environment. In this role, you will need to effectively operate within a complex logistics network aiming to deliver an outstanding experience for customers and dealers around the world.
Reporting to the Logistics Team Lead in NYC, the Logistics Specialist will arrange for the fulfillment of individual orders and develop strong relationships internally and with external vendors. Your proactive, resourceful, and communicative nature will also allow you to serve as a point person for interested parties seeking delivery options or pricing for potential orders, as well as updates on confirmed orders.
What you’ll do
Support prospective and in-transit shipments
- Help determine the best carrier and method for particular shipments, then help obtain quotes and register shipments with carriers
- Create international shipping labels and documents for online orders
- Work with dealers to ensure items are packed safely and shipped promptly, offering packing and pickup help as needed
- Guide dealers and customers through handling cross-border transit complications or fees
- Obtain accurate tracking updates, then surface them to customers, dealers, and internal support
- Proactively monitor shipment statuses and follow up on issues requiring intervention, all the way through resolution
- Ensure we deliver on our promises, including expedited shipments and other custom requests
Proactively follow up to all interested parties
- Use our order manager, Salesforce, spreadsheets, and other tools to keep all stakeholders up-to-date on all shipments from confirmation to delivery
- Communicate internally and externally regarding any delays and changes in deliveries
- Handle multifaceted customer and dealer needs such as cross-border shipping, consolidated shipments, and expedited orders with firm deadlines
Continually improve our processes and performance
- Design and document clear processes to help our team scale and handle rapid growth in order volume
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years’ experience in international cross-border logistics
- Willingness to work earlier shifts and weekend shifts to accommodate the needs of our dealer and customer base, which includes hundreds of European dealers
- Truly outstanding attention to detail, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and spoken), with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships internally and externally
- Enthusiasm for teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to work and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple projects
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who takes ownership over his/her work
- E-commerce and Salesforce experience a plus!
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Business Development Manager, London
- Customer Experience Specialist
- Email Marketing Manager
- Front-End Engineer
- International Logistics Specialist - UK
- Java Software Engineer
- Marketplace Support Specialist
- Marketplace Trust Manager
- Payroll Associate
- People Coordinator
- Private Client Sales Specialist
- Product Manager, Rewards
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Product Designer
- Showroom Manager
- Social Media Manager
- Staff Accountant
- Strategic Account Executive
- Strategic Planning - Supply lead
- Weekend Logistics Specialist
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes