Logistics Claims Coordinator
The Logistics Claims Coordinator works with the Logistics team to ensure all transit claims are evaluated and processed in a timely manner. Reporting to the Carrier Manager, the Logistics Claims Coordinator will own each claim from evaluation to final resolution.
What you'll do
- Claims Processing and Completion:
- Understand 1stdibs carrier liability contract (particularly individual carrier liability limits), 1stdibs marine cargo policy, and packaging standard.
- Evaluate, process and submit carriers claims (white gloves/freight/parcel) to our transportation partner and 1stdibs insurance company.
- Work with internal team (Logistics, Buyer Protection and Client Services) from claim identification and submission to final resolution.
- Communicate all claims activity and payments to the Accounting Team
- Reporting and Escalation:
- Own each claim from identification and submission to final resolution
- Report and escalate anomaly in claim
- Analyze claim trend and pass the data along to Carrier Manager
- Monitor outstanding claims invoices and current payment status while providing updates to both 1stdbs Accounting and the Carriers/Packers
What you'll bring
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years experience in logistics, operations, supply-chain or claim processing
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Salesforce and Looker experience preferred
- E-commerce experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships internally and externally
1stdDbs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal, and Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes