Logistics Claims Coordinator
The Logistics Claims Coordinator works with the Logistics team to ensure all transit claims are evaluated and processed in a timely manner. Reporting to the Carrier Manager, the Logistics Claims Coordinator will own each claim from evaluation to final resolution.
What you'll do
- Claims Processing and Completion:
- Understand 1stDibs carrier liability contract (particularly individual carrier liability limits), 1stDibs marine cargo policy, and packaging standard.
- Evaluate, process and submit carriers claims (white gloves/freight/parcel) to our transportation partner and 1stDibs insurance company.
- Work with internal team (Logistics, Buyer Protection and Client Services) from claim identification and submission to final resolution.
- Communicate all claims activity and payments to the Accounting Team
- Reporting and Escalation:
- Own each claim from identification and submission to final resolution
- Report and escalate anomaly in claim
- Analyze claim trend and pass the data along to Carrier Manager
- Monitor outstanding claims invoices and current payment status while providing updates to both 1stDibs Accounting and the Carriers/Packers
What you'll bring
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years experience in logistics, operations, supply-chain or claim processing
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Salesforce and Looker experience preferred
- E-commerce experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships internally and externally
1stDibs is a leading online marketplace for connecting design lovers with highly coveted sellers and makers of vintage, antique, and contemporary furniture, home décor, art, fine jewelry, watches and fashion. 1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the Wyboston office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.
- Account Executive
- Back End Engineer
- Concierge Service Specialist (German Speaking)
- Corporate Counsel
- Customer Service Specialists
- Customer Support Manager
- Director, Marketplace Trust
- Domestic Logistics Coordinator
- Email Marketing Manager, Growth Initiatives
- Fine Art Specialist
- Front-End Engineer
- Growth Marketing Senior Manager
- Head of Logistics
- International Logistics Coordinator
- Logistics Claims Coordinator
- Manager of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting
- Marketplace Trust Associate
- Product Marketing Manager
- Sales Operations Associate
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Manager, Integrated Marketing
- Senior Salesforce Developer
- Seniors Sales Development Representative
- VP - Product Design
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits