Manager of Technical Accounting
We are seeking a hands-on Manager of Technical Accounting to join our Accounting team. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated and organized and has the proven ability to adapt well in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and diverse team. Reporting to the Senior Director of Accounting, you will have significant responsibility for setting accounting policies, establishing new accounting processes, and working on significant transactions.
What you’ll do
- Evaluate seller agreements for revenue recognition and other accounting implications and ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP
- Lead the technical accounting research and documentation for significant transactions, such as share-based compensation, capitalized software development costs, and potential financings or mergers and acquisitions
- Ensure the company has mature financial accounting policies in place to support IPO readiness.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to understand new business initiatives to identify accounting implications and identify solutions to support the growth of the business and drive financial discipline across the company
- Prepare comprehensive documentation of the company’s accounting policies and accounting treatment for significant process areas
- Assist with audit compliance
- Assist the Senior Director of Accounting with additional technical accounting research and other activities as requested
What you'll bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and active CPA required
- 5+ years of public accounting experience at a major public accounting firm
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, including advanced accounting concepts
- Advanced excel skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated, personable, organized, and a team player
1stDibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits