Manager, Talent Acquisition
We’re looking for a Manager of Talent Acquisition to join our small but mighty People team as we continue to grow rapidly across engineering, product, sales, marketing and operations roles.
Are you passionate about attracting the best talent in the market? Do you live and breathe candidate experience? Are you at your best when you juggle multiple projects at the same time? Can you collaborate with hiring managers to create order out of ambiguity? Can you crack a joke even when then pressure is on? If so, you sound like a perfect fit for us.
You’ll be responsible for the full life-cycle recruiting of amazing talent in NYC, joining a growing team of 6 People professionals. While always providing an incredible experience, you will source passive candidates, interview & screen active candidates, and be a true business partner with hiring managers to place top talent at 1stdibs. You will have the ability to help define the direction for sourcing and attracting top talent, set the bar for candidate experience, and find the best possible match for each open role.
You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside a passionate group of People people who are committed to building a great company by investing in its most important assets: its people.
What you’ll do
- Work with business partners to define talent needs to deliver on company strategy; calibrate on profile and competencies early in each search
- Develop sourcing strategies relevant to each role to ensure a healthy balance of proactively sourced vs inbound prospects for each role
- Define and deliver on the 1stdibs candidate experience from initial outreach to interviews to onboarding; ensure that all candidates speak highly of their experience
- Manage external vendors as necessary, including contracting, regular progress reviews, and ensuring a seamless 1stdibs candidate experience
- Design, implement and maintain the appropriate processes, tools, systems, and training necessary to scale and support the function
- Help lead employer branding initiatives to establish 1stdibs as a premier workplace for learning and development
- Develop customized reports that track and communicate recruiting metrics, trends, variances, and spending
- Lead targeted senior leadership searches as well as provide back-up sourcing and interview assistance to the recruiting team and hiring managers as needed
What you’ll bring
- 4+ years of recruiting experience in high growth start-up environments; preferably with both in-house and agency experience
- Demonstrated expertise in full life-cycle recruiting with a robust network of talent in the NYC tech community
- Experience and passion to source and close mid and senior leadership roles
- Ability to partner with business leaders to define talent needs
- Strong project management capabilities to manage own roles in addition to those of the larger TA team and vendors
- Fluid communicator able to present to large and small audiences and establish rapport with candidates and employees at all levels
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment while being a champion for change; supremely focused on getting things done in a highly organized way
- Well-networked within the start-up technology space is a plus
- Passion for luxury and e-commerce is a big plus
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Carrier Manager
- Events and Marketing Associate
- Head of Customer Experience and Operations
- Head of Growth, Jewelry
- International Logistics Specialist - UK
- Java Software Engineer
- Junior QA Engineer
- Manager, Talent Acquisition
- Marketing Manager
- Product Manager, Rewards
- Product Manager, Traffic Growth
- QA Engineer
- Salesforce Administrator
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Sr Manager, New Business Sales and Partnerships
- Strategic Account Executive
- Trade Concierge Specialist
- UX Copywriter - Temporary Role
- Vetting Specialist
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes