Marketplace Trust Associate- UK
This particular role is for candidates that reside in the UK.
The 1stDibs Marketplace Trust team is seeking a Marketplace Trust Associate to join our team. The Marketplace Trust team is responsible for verifying compliance with marketplace policies, including but not limited to our anti-money laundering efforts, efforts to combat fraud, intellectual property violations, chargebacks, and enforcing policies across the seller population. The Marketplace Trust team works in close collaboration with Seller Relations, Client Services, and Product teams to promote conversion by spreading awareness of the proper use of platform tools and compliance with marketplace policies.
This role is a self-driven, cross-disciplinary position that requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills, critical thinking, attention to detail, an aptitude for data analysis, and the ability to think strategically about policy enforcement activities from a big picture perspective. You must be able to excel in ambiguous and quickly changing situations.
What you’ll do
- Interpret and enforce 1stDibs policies for buyers, dealers, and internal 1stDibs teams.
- Contribute to the development of policies and features aimed at building marketplace trust for both buyers & sellers, directly impacting the success of 1stDibs.
- Use exceptional judgment and intuition to mitigate financial and operational risk.
- Use internal tools and software to assess and analyze potentially fraudulent activity on incoming orders.
- Investigate potential anti-money laundering activity.
- Review and respond to credit card chargeback disputes.
- Review buyer/seller interactions to detect violations of 1stDibs’ Transactional Policies.
- Execute internal and external processes for responding to policy violations.
- Issue formal policy violation notices to offending sellers according to the established escalation path.
- Investigate and address potential off-platform sales based on buyer/seller interactions and various analytical tools, processing orders for any confirmed off-platform sales.
- Identify, structure, and recommend opportunities to surface additional potential off-platform sales, or improvements to current investigative processes.
- Handle all but the most escalated communications with sellers resulting from transactional-policy compliance activities.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders from the cross-functional teams at 1stDibs to develop and continuously improve best practices, procedures, and tools related to compliance with seller policies.
- Weekend shifts may be necessary
What you’ll bring
- 1-3 years’ professional work experience (preferably in Regulatory or Fraud investigations)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Web savvy with strong analytical and research skills
- Exceptional judgment and critical thinking skills
- Can set work priorities in ambiguous and rapidly changing situations
- Comfortable contributing to a collaborative team environment
- Experience and/or interest in risk management in e-commerce is a plus, but not required
- Experience working in a two sided marketplace is a plus, but not required
- BA/BS degree is a plus, but not required
1stDibs is a leading online marketplace connecting design lovers with highly coveted sellers and makers of vintage, antique, and contemporary furniture, home décor, art, fine jewelry, watches, and fashion.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits