We are looking for a talented Merchandising Analyst to join our New York, NY Merchandising team and help us unlock powerful insights and drive growth through impactful and innovative use of data.
As our ideal candidate, you're a bright and self-motivated professional who is passionate about numbers as well as the visualization of information. You are customer-focused, proactive, and data-driven. You have a knack for spotting patterns in data that can substantiate informed decisions. You see the big picture but pay close attention to detail. You have experience with using data to drive merchandising decisions and working with various stakeholders and cross-functional teams. You have a deep knowledge of Google Analytics and Looker, and a natural flair for telling a compelling story with data.
What you'll do
- Build on and optimize the Merchandising team’s weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting framework
- Run weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting to evaluate product and category trends and analyze market data to assist in merchandising decision making
- Own and lead analytics projects for strategic cross-functional projects and areas of growth
- Gather performance data on past merchandising campaigns to identify strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities
- Monitor and identify areas of opportunity in supply and coordinate with supply teams to address these opportunities
- See both supply (seller) and demand (buyer) sides of the marketplace to be able to take learnings from one side to help optimize the other
- Assist with other ad hoc projects assigned by management
What you'll bring
- Bachelor’s in a quantitative field, data science or business analytics
- 4-5 years of relevant experience in Analytics, eCommerce, and/or Merchandising
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of Excel and comfort building analytical models
- Familiarity with web analytics tools, such as Google Analytics
- Ability to communicate and present data and insights clearly
- Ability to work individually, as part of a team and cross-functionally
- Experience working with Google productivity tools, including Docs, Spreadsheets, Gmail, and Calendar and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills. Exceptional time management and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of the luxury design market and experience in merchandising analytics is a plus!
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.
- Chief Commercial Officer
- Customer Enablement and Content Delivery Manager
- Data Engineer
- Email Marketing Analyst
- Employee Experience and Communications Director
- Fixed Term Recruiter
- General Counsel
- Graphic Designer
- Integrated Marketing Coordinator
- International/Domestic Logistics Coordinator
- Logistics Payable Coordinator
- Marketing Operations Coordinator
- Marketplace Trust Associate
- Merchandising Analyst
- Product Analyst
- Product Designer
- Product Designer (Buyer)
- Product Manager, Logistics
- Product Manager, Search
- Product Manager, Structured Data
- Salesforce Admin
- Seller Partner Manager (French Speaking)
- Senior Director Logistics
- Senior Graphic Designer
- Senior Manager, Revenue Operations
- Senior Product Manager - Buyer Experience
- Senior Product Manager, Message Center
- Social Coordinator
- Supply Operations Associate
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits