As the Office Coordinator for our beautiful Astor Place office, you will be responsible for supporting the office and creating beautiful experiences for 1stdibs employees each and every day. We are looking for an energetic and people-focused team member to join our growing team and contribute to our unique culture! As Office Coordinator, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of our office which includes managing the front desk and greeting guests, assisting with planning office events, birthdays, etc. You will report directly to the Office Manager and assist with any facilities support needed. If you are someone that excels in a fast paced environment, is extremely organized, and thrives in a people setting this position is for you!
What you’ll do
- Assist Office Manager where required in providing facilities support, i.e. office operations, vendor correspondence, billing, and creating organizational documents.
- Act as a liaison between 1stdibs and building management.
- Front desk duties include greeting all employees and guests with friendliness and professionalism; handling guest access requests and providing support for all teams.
- Handle special projects and responsibilities, as needed, like taking notes during meetings, and providing support when needed for the CEO’s Executive Assistant.
- Assist with managing weekly office supply ordering and inventory (including pantry / kitchen, janitorial and office supplies).
- Assist with managing weekly catered lunch and dessert program (we give all our employees free catered lunch every Wednesday!)
- Conduct regular walk-throughs making sure our office is organized and all supplies are fully stocked.
- Assist with managing repair work orders, supervise contractors/vendors, coordinate any inspections and work directly with the building’s management team.
- Receive, sort, and forward incoming mail and phone calls.
- Coordinate messenger service for teams.
- Assist with planning company events: monthly birthday/anniversary celebrations, holiday gatherings, Pride Party, Halloween Event (just to name a few!)
- Maintaining a clean and professional appearance of our common areas, conference rooms, and kitchens.
- Assist with the purchase of on-brand furniture.
What you’ll bring
- 2+ years of relevant experience with an emphasis on corporate services, facilities, hospitality and/or coordinator experience.
- You're a high energy individual who takes pride in keeping the office a great place for everyone to work and is a large contributor to our fun-loving company culture.
- Exhibit a contagious calm under pressure and exude positivity.
- A track record of success in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment.
- A proactive approach: you’re always ahead of the problem, and have a penchant for following up.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Exceptional organizational / multitasking skills.
- Ambitious team player and self-starter with a positive attitude
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Client Success Specialist - Design Manager
- General Manager - SaaS
- Head of Talent Acquisition
- International Logistics Coordinator
- Java Software Engineer
- Lead Product Designer
- Logistics Claims Coordinator
- Logistics Coordinator
- Logistics Payable Coordinator (Part-time)
- Marketing Associate - Design Manager
- Office Coordinator
- People Business Partner
- Product Director - Supply Platform
- Senior Data Analyst
- Senior iOS Engineer
- Senior Manager, Client Experience
- Senior Marketing Analyst
- Senior Product Designer
- Senior Product Manager - iOS
- Social Media Art Director
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes