Payroll Associate - Contract
1stDibs is a highly analytical and data-driven organization - so much so that one of our core values is “Say it with data!”
We are looking for a detail-oriented, analytically-gifted Payroll Associate to ensure payroll is conducted seamlessly. The ideal candidate will derive joy out of processing payroll and being a resource for approximately 275 1stDibs employees. We currently use ADP Workforce Now as our payroll processing system, so previous experience in running payroll through this system will set this person up for success.
This role is situated within our Accounting team, which strives to create a work environment where people are challenged to grow and develop their talents; feel a sense of belonging and mission; and are surrounded by other high-performing, interesting colleagues. This role reports to the Senior Director of Accounting, and will also work closely with peers in the People team.
***This a contract role*******
What you’ll do
- Process multi-state bi-weekly payroll for all US-based employees (both exempt and non-exempt)
- Assist with compiling and processing monthly payroll for our UK-based employees
- Collect, document, and enter all additional compensation in payroll, including compensation changes, bonus, commissions, and expense reimbursements
- Process and maintain payroll garnishments, tax corrections, and quarterly and year-end filings
- Maintain awareness of existing and new legislation governing payroll requirements to ensure compliance
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of all wage-related data before completing payroll runs through our HRIS (ADP Workforce Now)
- Confidently serve as the primary point of contact for employees for payroll-related questions
- Reconcile and resolve discrepancies in monthly benefits withholdings
- Enter all payroll-related transactions in the general ledger (NetSuite)
- Audit timesheets and follow up with managers as needed
- Support Senior Director of Accounting with the sales incentive system by calculating monthly commissions and generating reports for review
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or similar field (Preferred, not required)
- 2-4 years experience in payroll processing, including ADP Workforce Now
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- High sensitivity to protecting confidential information
- Self-motivated, personable, organized, and a team player
1stDibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes