1stdibs is a highly analytical and data-driven organization - so much so that one of our core values is “Say it with data!”
We are looking for a detail-oriented, analytically-gifted Payroll Associate to ensure payroll is conducted seamlessly. The ideal candidate will derive joy out of processing payroll and being a resource for approximately 350+ 1stdibs employees. We have recently transitioned to ADP, so previous experience in successfully running payroll through this system will set this person up for success.
This is an integral new role on our Accounting team, which strives to create a work environment where people are challenged to grow and develop their talents; feel a sense of belonging and mission; and are surrounded by other high-performing, interesting colleagues. This role reports to the Director of Accounting, and will work closely with peers.
What you’ll do
Payroll and Benefits Billing
- Process bi-weekly payroll for all US-based employees (both exempt and non-exempt)
- Collect, document, and enter all additional compensation in payroll, including compensation changes, bonus, commissions, and expense reimbursements
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of all wage-related data before completing payroll runs through our HRIS (ADP Workforce Now)
- Confidently serve as the primary point of contact for employees for payroll-related questions
- Prepare and ensure timely benefits billing processes, coordinating across our benefits broker, our HRIS, and carriers
- Reconcile and resolve discrepancies in monthly benefits billing
- Enter all payroll-related transactions in the general ledger (NetSuite)
- Collaborate with People team to implement new systems & process (HRIS, Payroll, Benefits Enrollment portal, etc.)
- Train supervisors on non-exempt payroll processes, approvals, etc.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or similar field
- 1-3 years experience in payroll processes, including ADP Workforce Now
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- High sensitivity to protecting confidential information
- Self-motivated, personable, organized, and a team player
Not required, but a plus!
- Experience using NetSuite
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes