People Quant Associate
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for one-of-a-kind products. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, vintage furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including Ebay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is a highly analytical and data-driven organization, and our People team is no different. We handle vast data sets of sensitive employee information, such as employee survey responses, performance review insights, benefits enrollments, and compensation, and we are accountable for making sure that this data is up-to-date, accurate, and used in a responsible manner. We are looking for a detail-oriented, analytically-gifted People Quant Associate to review our current systems and processes for benefits billing and reporting, identify opportunities for change, and then independently execute these. In addition, this Associate would partner with Finance to ensure payroll is conducted seamlessly, and lead various People projects that involve heavy data analysis. The ideal candidate will derive joy out of building Excel models, be highly proactive about drawing out and acting on “so-whats”, and be a strong project manager across internal and external stakeholders.
This is an integral role on our People team, which strives to create a work environment where people are challenged to grow and develop their talents; feel a sense of belonging and mission; and are surrounded by other high-performing, interesting colleagues. This role reports to the VP of People and could evolve into a Compensation and Benefits Manager role over time (depending on performance and personal preference).
What you’ll do
Benefits Billing and Payroll
- Assess and streamline the 1stdibs’ benefits billing processes, coordinating across our benefits broker, our HRIS, and carriers
- Receive, run tests, and resolve discrepancies in monthly benefits billing
- Work with Finance to assess future years’ benefits costs based on company demographics; use this information during annual benefits renewals discussions
- Be on-point to receive any compensation changes, document these, and calculate the impact on semi-monthly pay cycles (develop a model)
- Collaborate with Finance and Accounting to ensure the accuracy and integrity of all wage-related data before completing payroll runs through our HRIS (Namely)
- Work with Finance and People team to implement new systems (HRIS, Payroll, Benefits Enrollment portal, etc)
- Train supervisors on non-exempt payroll processes, approvals etc
- Develop and execute monthly and quarterly People dashboards for the Executive team
- Administer company-wide surveys and analyze results, drawing out actionable next steps
- Draw out key insights from semi-annual employee engagement surveys and performance appraisals to ensure that important
- Engage in other reporting and analyses as needed
Compensation (perhaps after 6-9 months; depends on candidate experience and interest)
- Consistently stay on top of the latest compensation trends to make certain that our total compensation package is market competitive
- Apply deep understanding of equity plans (ours and that of peer firms) to propose equity grants during hiring, promotions, etc.
- Improve upon and run our complex compensation model; project-managing the comp review process from end-to-end
- Provide expert compensation guidance during hiring, performance reviews, promotions, and lateral transitions
What you’ll bring
- A strong track record of intellectual curiosity coupled with innate intelligence, initiative-taking, and independence of thought and delivery. Examples of this can include a B.A. from a top tier university; a Masters degree in a competitive (and relevant) program; success at companies known for high standards; etc.
- Strong analytical skills. Be comfortable translating metrics and data into actions. Possesses the instinct to run formulas/build macros in Excel over entering or copying/pasting data.
- >1 year of HR analytics experience at a fast-moving, demanding workplace. Experience in an ambiguous, lean environment (like a start-up) is a significant differentiator.
- Full ownership of initiatives and strong work ethic. Our success relies on the contributions of others, but ultimately, it’s up to us to make things happen. No detail is too small, and the work isn’t over until it’s done.
- Ability to be both a do-er AND a strategizer. Highly efficient, able to prioritize and tackle the most meaningful issues, and to project manage oneself. Proposes well-researched ideas which inform an action-oriented point of view.
- Project management skills. Rallies multiple external stakeholders who have other priorities to take action for 1stdibs’ benefit.
- Innate service orientation and empathy. Impenetrable confidentiality.
- Accounting Analyst
- Account Manager - UK
- Ad Sales Executive - UK
- Business Development Account Manager - Trade LA
- Business Development Account Manager - Trade NYC
- Concierge Product Sourcing Specialist
- Customer Service Specialist
- Dealer Acquisition, Fine Art - UK
- E-Commerce Product Manager
- Front-End Engineer
- iOS Developer
- IT Support Specialist
- Java Software Engineer
- Logistics Coordinator - UK
- Manager, Sales Development Representatives
- Manager/Senior Manager, Growth Marketing
- Marketplace Compliance Specialist
- Marketplace Trust Associate
- People Quant Associate
- Product Manager, Buyer Experience
- Salesforce Administrator
- Senior Front-End Web Developer
- Senior Interaction Designer
- Senior iOS Developer
- Senior Manager, Concierge Service - Trade
- Senior Manager, Service & Customer Care
- Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Trade Account Support Specialist- NYC
- Trade Sales Account Manager
- UX Copywriter
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes