Product Director - Supply Platform
As we expand our platform and accelerate growth, we are looking for a results-oriented, hands-on, and user-centered Director of Product Management to help scale our organization and build innovative and elegant experiences. As Product Director for our Supply Platform, you will be responsible for redefining our seller experience and supply strategy as a lever to drive order growth.
In this newly created role you will lead a product team, develop business strategy, and plan initiatives that empower small businesses and help sellers achieve online sales growth. You will guide multiple product teams on setting and measuring goals, working closely with design, marketing, and engineering to help execute new features and optimize existing user experiences.
This is considered to be a highly strategic role for 1stdibs that has significant viability across the organization and with the Executive Team. You will have the opportunity to shape our product strategy and make step-function improvements. You will accomplish this via direct hands-on ownership as well as leadership: both direct and by influence. You must be passionate about leading and managing people, driving business growth, operating with data-driven analysis, and developing emerging technologies.
What you’ll do
- You will be accountable for the organization's performance and will ensure we achieve our aggressive growth goals
- You will lead a team of experienced product managers along with a cross-functional team of functional leads, including marketing, engineering and operations leads.
- You will work closely with the Executive team and other functional leads to ensure organizational alignment, track progress and clearly communicate updates on a regular basis
- You will leverage data and analytics as tools to help the organization make critical prioritization decisions
- You will develop a product vision along with a functional roadmap that rolls up each organization's responsibilities
- You will ensure not only successful development of features but also successful commercialization of those features
- You will identify staffing needs and hire team members as needed
What you’ll bring
- 6+ years of product management experience, preferably in two-sided marketplace companies
- Extensive experience in scaling a product or business unit, including forecasting, planning and accountability for its performance
- Ability to create a product plan, identify key metrics to measure progress and drive an organization forward
- Experience managing and developing strong individual contributors
- Leverage data, analysis and subject expertise to make difficult tradeoff decisions to ensure clear prioritization
- Strong use of analytics, user research and business cases to drive decisions
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with particular grasp of storytelling and multi-phased roadmap communication
- Ability to break down complex problems and communicate effectively across different functions to identify potential solutions
- Will not shy away from difficult discussions to identify root problems, whether it's with Engineering, Finance, etc.
- Experience building virtual teams with subject experts across the company, leading them to work together and create a roadmap for the solution
- Demonstrated success in leading critical company initiatives
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Client Success Specialist - Design Manager
- General Manager - SaaS
- Head of Talent Acquisition
- International Logistics Coordinator
- Java Software Engineer
- Lead Product Designer
- Logistics Claims Coordinator
- Logistics Coordinator
- Logistics Payable Coordinator (Part-time)
- Marketing Associate - Design Manager
- Office Coordinator
- People Business Partner
- Product Director - Supply Platform
- Senior Data Analyst
- Senior iOS Engineer
- Senior Manager, Client Experience
- Senior Marketing Analyst
- Senior Product Designer
- Senior Product Manager - iOS
- Social Media Art Director
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes