Product Manager, Logistics
We are looking for a results-oriented, hands-on, and user-centered Product Manager, Logistics to join our New York, NY team and to help scale our growth. You will own a critical area of our platform, create a strategic roadmap, and lead a cross-functional team.
This is considered to be a highly strategic role for 1stdibs that has significant visibility across the organization. We are looking for a strategic Product Manager to own the pre-purchase shipping experience on 1stdibs. This includes improving our shipping prequote algorithms, expanding our shipping methods and capabilities and creating seller incentives to lower shipping price.
Our shipping team has been core to our company’s core strength in selling one-of-a-kind products online. With buyers across 170 countries and sellers across nearly 30 countries, our shipping team is an industry leader in designing a network of global carriers that specialize across different shipping methods, from white glove, freight to parcel.
A critical role in our company, this Product Manager will design a strategic roadmap and partner closely with the shipping operations team and engineering team to execute improvements. In addition, the individual will spearhead cross functional plans to coordinate buyer, seller and internal teams to ensure shipping changes are rolled out successfully.
What you’ll do
- Serve as product owner and develop product roadmaps for our Logistics team
- Define requirements, goals and success metrics for respective product launches, including designing A/B tests (where applicable)
- Work closely with Engineering, Product & Marketing to identify opportunities to leverage your team’s learnings
- Evaluate existing pain points and analyze our buyer funnel to shape roadmap and product enhancements
- Integrate with logistics carriers and vendors around the world
- Conduct competitive audits and analyze our current shipping capabilities to identify opportunities for improvement
- Set clear goals and objectives for the team
- Integrate user research, market analysis, analytics and community feedback into product requirements
- Serve as a cross-functional leader to collaborate with various teams to drive new product initiatives
- Manage projects using agile methodologies
What you’ll bring
- Have 2-4 years of product management experience, ideally in marketplaces or in e-commerce
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to break down complex problems and communicate effectively across different functions to identify potential solutions
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive effective decision-making
- Experience building, iterating and scaling products
- Strong analytical skills to analyze feature performance and the ability to make tradeoffs
- Project management and multitasking ability to juggle projects
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.
- Chief Commercial Officer
- Customer Enablement and Content Delivery Manager
- Data Engineer
- Email Marketing Analyst
- Employee Experience and Communications Director
- Fixed Term Recruiter
- General Counsel
- Graphic Designer
- Integrated Marketing Coordinator
- International/Domestic Logistics Coordinator
- Logistics Payable Coordinator
- Marketing Operations Coordinator
- Marketplace Trust Associate
- Merchandising Analyst
- Product Analyst
- Product Designer
- Product Designer (Buyer)
- Product Manager, Logistics
- Product Manager, Search
- Product Manager, Structured Data
- Salesforce Admin
- Seller Partner Manager (French Speaking)
- Senior Director Logistics
- Senior Graphic Designer
- Senior Manager, Revenue Operations
- Senior Product Manager - Buyer Experience
- Senior Product Manager, Message Center
- Social Coordinator
- Supply Operations Associate
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits