Product Manager, Structured Data
At 1stDibs, we are committed to developing a best-in-class platform to help our buyers discover beautiful and unique pieces of art, jewelry, and design. Our taxonomy is foundational to driving our business, empowering sellers, and guiding buyers throughout our marketplace. We are looking for an Associate Product Manager to join our New York, NY Structured Data team and develop an extensible, robust taxonomy and related metadata to support our buyers in their discovery journey.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop expertise in analyzing user behavior, market and industry trends, and supply growth to inform data structure and taxonomy improvements on our platform. As a member of the Product team, you will partner with cross-functional teams to create the roadmap, drive strategy, and prioritize features. You will further refine your skills by constantly balancing technical requirements with user needs to meet the goals of the business.
About our Team
The Structured Data team at 1stDibs is responsible for developing and maintaining item attributes, controlled vocabularies, categorization, and filters for our marketplace to deliver a seamless and delightful shopping experience.
What you’ll do:
- Design, expand and maintain our platform taxonomy
- Research and propose category-specific attributes to enhance the buyer experience
- Partner with engineering, product, marketing, merchandising, designers, analytics, and other internal stakeholders to develop ways of integrating structured data across the platform
- Define requirements, goals and success metrics for respective product launches
- Translate buyer needs to seller best practices with respect to structured data in order to help optimize the marketplace experience for both buyers and sellers
- Advocate internally to drive structured data use, best practices, and adoption throughout the organization
- Serve as a cross-functional leader to collaborate with various teams to drive new product initiatives
- Manage projects using agile methodologies
What you’ll bring:
- 1-2 years of experience in information organization preferred
- Track record of implementing user-centered solutions
- Familiarity with taxonomy management software
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to break down complex problems and communicate effectively across different functions to identify potential solutions
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive effective decision-making
- Experience building, iterating and scaling products
- Strong analytical skills to analyze feature performance and the ability to make tradeoffs
- Project management and multitasking ability to juggle projects
Nice to haves:
- Proficient in SQL or other query languages
- E-commerce & marketplace experience
- Master’s degree in library and/or information sciences
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.
- Chief Commercial Officer
- Customer Enablement and Content Delivery Manager
- Data Engineer
- Email Marketing Analyst
- Employee Experience and Communications Director
- Fixed Term Recruiter
- General Counsel
- Graphic Designer
- Integrated Marketing Coordinator
- International/Domestic Logistics Coordinator
- Logistics Payable Coordinator
- Marketing Operations Coordinator
- Marketplace Trust Associate
- Merchandising Analyst
- Product Analyst
- Product Designer
- Product Designer (Buyer)
- Product Manager, Logistics
- Product Manager, Search
- Product Manager, Structured Data
- Salesforce Admin
- Seller Partner Manager (French Speaking)
- Senior Director Logistics
- Senior Graphic Designer
- Senior Manager, Revenue Operations
- Senior Product Manager - Buyer Experience
- Senior Product Manager, Message Center
- Social Coordinator
- Supply Operations Associate
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits