Senior Back End Engineer
The Engineering team is hiring a Senior Back End Engineer for our New York office. This is an amazing chance to create a global online marketplace. You will have the opportunity to contribute to something exciting, new and creative. Working with the newest technology patterns and services, your work will be used by a strong and rapidly growing global online community.
What you’ll do:
- Design GRPC & RESTful Java Spring based web services utilizing caching, messaging and asynchronous processing
- Use the latest AWS, Google, Hashicorp solutions such as ECS, EMR, S3, Lambda, Dynamo, BigQuery, Consul and Terraform
- Work with open source technologies including Apache Solr, Spark, Zookeeper and other software products to make the most beautiful things in the world available to customers
- Work in a dynamic agile environment, assessing business requirements and choosing the right tools for the job
- Use scrum and version control tools to be an efficient software engineer
- Work with analytics tools using big data to establish trends, personalizations, and recommendations
- Work closely with an outstanding Product organization to envision and craft solutions that delight our existing customers and attract many new ones
- Java understanding and/or experience with
- Real passion for architecting software solutions
- Adding to organizational efficiency through contributing to shared-libraries and components
- Experience providing: thoughtful code-reviews, mentorship
- Ability to bring your intellectual curiosity and thoughtful opinions with you every single day
- Be awesome and make those around you awesome!
- Experience developing code for high-traffic, consumer-facing websites in a professional production environment
- Ability to fix and explain performance bottlenecks
- An appreciation for one-of-a-kind items such as furniture, art, and jewelry is always welcome
- Your participation in the larger Developer Community is strongly supported and encouraged!
- Fluency with a version control system, and some project management tool
- Years Experience: 2+ years experience in the industry
1stDibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.
- Client Services Specialist
- Client Services Specialist
- Customer Service Representative
- Lifecycle Marketing Manager
- Product Manager, Mobile Web
- Project Manager, Sellers/Sales Strategy
- Sales Executive
- Seller Partner Manager
- Senior Back End Engineer
- Senior Systems Administrator
- Sr. Manager, Display & Paid Social
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits