Senior Front-End Engineer
We need your ideas and passion for good, clean code! A great position for a front-end enthusiast who wants to code things The Right Way™. Opportunity to help lead the development and implementation of extensive new user-facing products and features; new shared packages; and collaborate with our services team on internal APIs. Additional coding to optimize existing repositories, as necessary.
See our Github<https://github.com/1stdibs> for some of what we do.
What you will do
- Use your thorough understanding of core client-side technologies to architect complex user interactions for desktop and mobile browsers using React and Relay
- Enjoy developing with our state-of-the-art front-end stack which includes Node.js, Express, TypeScript, GraphQL, webpack, ESNext, Sass (CSS Modules), and Git (with Github)
- Create universal JS modules to be used on both the client and the server
- Lead, direct and mentor more junior team members (including code review)
- Provide informed estimates on project timelines and resources
- Take part in decision-making around major architectural choices of the front-end team
- Cover your code with unit and integration tests written with Jest and Mocha
- Work with our top product team which includes former leaders from Gilt, eBay, and Etsy
- 4+ years experience developing sophisticated consumer-facing web sites
- 1+ major React projects completed
- Extensive Node.js experience
- Understanding of performance-related trade-offs and how to squeeze the most performance from a web page
- Experience mentoring and directing a team (major plus)
- Be awesome and make those around you awesome!
- Ability to bring your intellectual curiosity and thoughtful opinions with you every day
- An appreciation for one-of-a-kind items such as furniture, art, and jewelry always welcome
- Your participation in the larger developer community is strongly supported and encouraged!
- Interesting challenges and always evolving tech-stack
- Highly talented and experienced colleagues to gather knowledge from and grow together
- A team culture that encourages consistent feedback, transparency, and open communication
- Generous paid parental leave
- Wellness program rewards/additional health insurance
1stDibs is a leading online marketplace for connecting design lovers with highly coveted sellers and makers of vintage, antique, and contemporary furniture, home décor, art, fine jewelry, watches and fashion.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Client Services Specialist
- Client Services Specialist (German Speaking)
- Customer Service Representative
- Customer Support Associate
- Director of Strategy & Operations (Sales & Sellers)
- Head of Logistics
- Integrated Marketing Coordinator
- Internal Audit Manager
- Marketing Coordinator, Trade
- Product Marketing Manager
- Project Manager, Sellers/Sales Strategy
- Sales Director
- Sales Executive
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Full Stack Engineer - NFT Marketplace
- Senior Manager, Specialist & Expertise
- Sr. Manager, Display & Paid Social
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits