Senior Front-End Engineer
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for one-of-a-kind products. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, vintage furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba Group 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com and Twitter.
We need your ideas and passion for good, clean code! A great position for a front-end enthusiast who wants to code things The Right Way™. Opportunity to contribute to the development and implementation of extensive new user-facing products and features; new shared packages; and collaborate with our services team on internal APIs. Additional coding to optimize existing repositories, as necessary.
See our Github for examples of our open source code.
What you'll do
- Enjoy developing with our state-of-the-art front-end stack which includes Node.js, Express, GraphQL, webpack, ES2017, Sass, and Git (Github)
- Create universal JS modules to be used on both the client and the server
- Lead, direct and mentor more junior team members (including code review)
- Provide informed estimates on project timelines and resources
- Take part in decision-making around major architectural choices of the front-end team
- Cover your code with unit and integration tests written with Jest and Mocha
- Work with our top product team which includes former leaders from Gilt, eBay and Etsy
What you'll bring
- Ideally, 3+ years experience developing sophisticated consumer-facing web sites
- At least one major React project under your belt and extensive Node.js experience
- Understanding of performance-related trade-offs and how to squeeze the most performance from a web page
- Experience mentoring and directing a team (major plus)
- Be awesome and make those around you awesome!
- Ability to bring your intellectual curiosity and thoughtful opinions with you every day
- An appreciation for one-of-a-kind items such as furniture, art and jewelry always welcome
- Your participation in the larger developer community is strongly supported and encouraged!
- Account Executive
- Concierge Specialist
- Customer Service Specialist
- Customer Support Specialist
- Customer Support Specialist (German Speaking)
- Data Science Intern
- Finance & Operations Analyst Intern
- Front-End Engineer
- Head of Customer Experience, Trade
- iOS Developer
- Java Software Engineer
- Logistics Coordinator - UK
- Marketplace Trust Manager
- Operations Manager
- Product Marketing Manager
- Sales Development Representative
- Sales Operations Manager
- Senior Account Executive
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Manager, Growth and Product Marketing
- Senior Product Manager - Business Operations & Salesforce
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes