Senior Manager, Private Client Services
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for one-of-a-kind products. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, vintage furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including Ebay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is seeking a sales leader for our Private Client Service team. Reporting into the VP of Operations, the Senior Manager will build a Private Client program that matches the 1stdibs brand promise. Private Client Services combines order-related service and proactive sales outreach for HNW/UHNW buyers. As befitting the brand, sales efforts are personalized and relevant to each client.
This is an evolving function within a growing company, so comfort with ambiguity, change, and very hands-on work is important. It’s crucial for the Senior Manager to be a strong leader, coach, and advocate for her/his team.
What you'll do
- Develop and oversee the Private Client Services team, which serves a global base of high net worth individuals.
- Manage a growing team of associates to effectively cater to the needs of 1stdibs most important clients; define a proactive sales strategy to increase order value and frequency.
- Collaborate with marketing and product to define the benefits of the Private Client program and to proactively engage potential new members.
- Maintain the highest standards of communication and service to ensure buyer loyalty; actively coach the team to ensure consistency in process and service delivery.
- Manage to metrics to ensure we deliver on our sales and service standards and lead continuous improvement efforts to drive higher performance.
- Develop and deliver training to the team; identify gaps requiring external expertise.
What you’ll bring
- 4-6 years experience in a luxury sales role, ideally one requiring phone-based sales and service interactions
- 3+ years scaling and managing a team of 6-10 employees
- Proven track record of meeting sales quota
- Ability to implement technology solutions to optimize team performance; deep familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM and Sales Enablement software
- Analytically strong, with experience using Excel, Salesforce and other tools to analyze, manage and report on team performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to build relationships with subordinates, peers, executives and clients
- Experience within a digital/e-commerce environment and high-end furniture, art, jewelry and/or fashion is a plus
- Contemporary Concierge
- Contemporary Sales Executive
- Customer Support Specialist
- Dealer Account Manager
- Dealer Acquisition Specialist, Contemporary - UK
- Dealer Acquisition Specialist, Vintage Furniture - UK
- Dealer Operations Associate - UK
- Front-End Engineer
- iOS Developer
- Java Software Engineer
- Jewelry Sales Executive
- Logistics Coordinator - UK
- People and Talent Specialist
- Product Designer
- Product Designer (Freelance)
- Product Manager, Buyer Experience
- Product Marketing Manager
- Sales Assistant
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior iOS Developer
- Senior Manager, Private Client Services
- Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition
- Senior Salesforce Associate
- SEO Manager
- Trade Team - Director of Outside Sales
- Trade Team - Director of Sales Operations
- Trade Team - Sales Manager
- Trade Team - Senior Manager, Sales Enablement
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes