Senior Product Manager, Message Center
We are looking for a results-oriented, hands-on, and user-centered Sr. Product Manager, Messaging Platform, to join our New York, NY product team and help scale our growth. You will own a critical area of our platform, create a strategic roadmap, and lead a cross-functional team.
This role will be highly strategic and will have significant visibility across the organization. You must be passionate about leading teams, driving business results, and operating with data-driven analysis.
You will be working on scaling a core part of our platform that facilitates communication between our buyers and sellers. You will be empowered to work with Engineering to define the roadmap, drive strategy, prioritize and plan initiatives. As a critical member of our organization, you have the opportunity to shape our overall product strategy and impact our business goals.
What you’ll do
- Create and lead the strategy, roadmap, and day-to-day management of our Message Center team
- Define requirements, goals and success metrics for respective product launches, including designing A/B tests (where applicable)
- Integrate user research, market analysis, analytics and community feedback into product requirements
- Work closely with design, research, engineering to build and iterate on key features
- Evaluate existing pain points and analyze our buyer funnel to shape roadmap and product enhancements
- Partner with a wide range of stakeholders and serve as a cross-functional leader to drive new product initiatives
- Manage projects using agile methodologies
What you’ll bring
- Have 4-6 years of product management experience, ideally in 2-sided marketplaces
- Experience working on messaging platforms or communication tools is a plus
- Analytical skills, experience using qualitative and quantitative data to make product decisions (including experience running A/B tests)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to break down complex problems and communicate effectively across different functions to identify potential solutions
- Demonstrated ability to plan, iterate, and scale complex projects
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive effective decision-making
- Experience building, iterating and scaling products
- Strong analytical skills to analyze feature performance and the ability to make tradeoffs
- Project management and multitasking ability to juggle projects
1stDibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal, and Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.
- Chief Commercial Officer
- Customer Enablement and Content Delivery Manager
- Data Engineer
- Email Marketing Analyst
- Employee Experience and Communications Director
- Fixed Term Recruiter
- General Counsel
- Graphic Designer
- Integrated Marketing Coordinator
- International/Domestic Logistics Coordinator
- Logistics Payable Coordinator
- Marketing Operations Coordinator
- Marketplace Trust Associate
- Merchandising Analyst
- Product Analyst
- Product Designer
- Product Designer (Buyer)
- Product Manager, Logistics
- Product Manager, Search
- Product Manager, Structured Data
- Salesforce Admin
- Seller Partner Manager (French Speaking)
- Senior Director Logistics
- Senior Graphic Designer
- Senior Manager, Revenue Operations
- Senior Product Manager - Buyer Experience
- Senior Product Manager, Message Center
- Social Coordinator
- Supply Operations Associate
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits