Senior Social Media Manager
We are looking for an forward-thinking and accomplished Senior Manager of Social Media who can drive innovation in 1stDibs’ social presence and industry leadership on our channels, evolve and execute on a comprehensive social media strategy that fosters a deep sense of community and grows both brand engagement and revenue, and lead a small but mighty social team.
In this highly visible and cross-functional role, the Senior Social Media Manager will lead the development of a social presence that is authentic, elevated and expresses our passion for design. They will be adept at using data to optimize performance across all activations, and explore new ways to drive social selling.
What you’ll do
- Oversee, build and execute on social media strategies, including individual platform strategies, aligned with the1stDibs aesthetic and vision, and supporting key business initiatives
- Bring innovation and strategic thinking to our social media channel efforts, foster idea-sharing and cross-communications with the Marketing Department
- Use data and experimentation to optimize performance across all activations. Measure, analyze and report on channel performance on a monthly, quarterly and campaign-specific basis.
- Oversee organic ad spend across all channels
- Oversee daily social operations including posting content, fulfilling partner obligations, asset and content management, reviews and approvals.
- Lead community management and advise on crisis communications strategies as it pertains to social channels in partnership with Marketing, PR and Legal
- Partner with the Integrated Marketing team to ideate and deliver on social aspects of campaign briefs.
- Support and fulfill cross-functional social media commitments to our partners and internal and external stakeholders
- Grow e-commerce revenue from core social channels
- Cultivate partnerships with influencers and community partners
- Attend and create content from industry events
- Stay abreast of ever-evolving digital behaviors and trends and provide on-going inspiration to the team
- Act as a digital/social media evangelist across the organization, providing guidance and education when necessary
- Manage a team of two directly, and influence and partner with content makers in Creative and Editorial.
- Manage social specific vendor relationships and budgets
What you’ll bring
- Fluency in all social channels, with a deep working knowledge of Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Youtube.
- 7+ years extensive experience managing multiple social platform strategies, with at least 3 years leading a team and luxury brand experience a strong plus
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Dash Hudson, Hootsuite, and native social media insight platforms
- A proven ability to engage, connect with and build an audience across multiple channels
- Strong, agile writing skills
- The ability to work independently, leading and managing multiple projects
- Strong understanding of branded content in digital and social platforms
- The ability to manage a high-speed, high-volume workload in a start-up environment
- A appreciation for luxury goods and a desire to be immersed in the world of antique, vintage and artisan home goods, fine art, jewelry and vintage Fashion
1stDibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.
- Back-End Engineer
- Chief Commercial Officer
- Client Enablement and Onboarding Manager
- Customer Enablement and Content Delivery Manager
- Data Engineer
- Director, Product Management - International
- Domestic Logistics Coordinator
- Employee Experience and Communications Director
- Executive Assistant
- Fixed Term Junior Data Analyst
- Graphic Designer
- IT Support Specialist
- Logistics Payable Coordinator - Part-time
- Private Client Specialist - Furniture/Art
- Private Client Specialist - Jewelry/Fashion
- Product Designer
- Product Designer – Buyer Experience
- Product Manager, Logistics
- Product Manager, Search
- Product Manager, Structured Data
- Salesforce Admin
- Senior Director Logistics
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Product Analyst
- Senior Product Manager, Message Center
- Senior Social Media Manager
- SEO Associate
- SEO Senior Manager
- Sr. Manager, Fine Art Sales
- Strategic Client Associate
- Trade Business Development Associate
- Web Analytics Administrator
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits