We are looking for a SEO Associate to join our New York, NY Marketing team.
At 1stDibs, we sell the most beautiful things on earth and are looking for an SEO Associate to help position 1stDibs front and center when customers search Google and other search engines in pursuit of these things. Whether it’s antique furniture or vintage couture, we want to ensure we’re ranked #1 in user searches!
In this exciting role, you’ll be responsible for executing specific tasks (think on-page optimization at scale) and will also own entire projects, such as monitoring how we rank for thousands of queries across dozens of query classes. SEO has driven significant growth and will continue to be a priority for 1stDibs. You will learn from and gain exposure to teams throughout the company and have accountability and ownership of the traffic and revenue gains you are able to produce.
What you’ll do
- Learn from seasoned SEO team members and leading external consultants (iPullRank founder and search marketer of the year Mike King and AJ Kohn of BlindFiveYearOld.com).
- Assist in implementing the 1stDibs SEO strategy, working closely with editorial, product management, social and PR teams
- Partner with the top SEO content marketing agency, Siege Media, and our in-house editorial team on content SEO. This includes suggesting and vetting content ideas for SEO opportunities, providing SEO outlines to ensure highly searched topics are covered, reviewing and editing tags and reporting on organic traffic to content pages.
- Leverage a broad toolset (Botify, STAT, aHrefs, SEMRush, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, etc) to report on and analyze 1stDibs organic traffic, site health, rankings, Googlebot crawls, and backlinks to monitor performance and identify areas of opportunity.
- Develop scalable approach to optimizing existing page content, tags and links for top opportunity pages
- Conduct competitive research to understand other sites’ performance and what 1stDibs can learn from them
- Assist in developing, and executing, a link-earning strategy, as well as content marketing initiatives
- Closely monitor industry news in order to provide the most up-to-date recommendations and track industry-wide changes
What you'll bring:
- 1-3 years of SEO experience including familiarity with SEO tools
- Thoughtful and detail-oriented, with an ability to multitask
- Process-oriented, with the ability to plan and execute projects cross-functionally
- Great oral and written communication
- Experience setting and exceeding aggressive work goals wherever you go
- Comfort with content management systems such as WordPress and web analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- A positive outlook and strong interest in working with a team to make a large impact
Not a requirement, but a huge plus
- Advanced Excel skills and comfort with manipulating large volumes of data
- Digital marketing (bonus: e-commerce SEO)
- Web product management
- Knowledge of, or at least a strong interest in design and beautiful things
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.
- Back-End Engineer
- Chief Commercial Officer
- Client Enablement and Onboarding Manager
- Customer Enablement and Content Delivery Manager
- Data Engineer
- Director, Product Management - International
- Domestic Logistics Coordinator
- Employee Experience and Communications Director
- Executive Assistant
- Fixed Term Junior Data Analyst
- Graphic Designer
- IT Support Specialist
- Logistics Payable Coordinator - Part-time
- Private Client Specialist - Furniture/Art
- Private Client Specialist - Jewelry/Fashion
- Product Designer
- Product Designer – Buyer Experience
- Product Manager, Logistics
- Product Manager, Search
- Product Manager, Structured Data
- Salesforce Admin
- Senior Director Logistics
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Product Analyst
- Senior Product Manager, Message Center
- Senior Social Media Manager
- SEO Associate
- SEO Senior Manager
- Sr. Manager, Fine Art Sales
- Strategic Client Associate
- Trade Business Development Associate
- Web Analytics Administrator
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits