SEO Senior Manager
As the Senior Manager of SEO at 1stDibs, you will be a senior member of the team responsible for one of our top strategic priorities - driving growth from organic search. We are looking for someone motivated and skilled enough to get 1stDibs to the top of the SERP when users search for high volume and long tail topics related to our rare and interesting items - think “vintage gold watches”, “picasso vases”, “art deco rugs" and “victorian engagement rings”.
SEO has been a huge factor in 1stDibs growth to date, and continues to be a top priority with a dedicated ten-person marketing, product and engineering team plus an editorial and social team eager to align their strategies with SEO. Reporting into our VP of Customer Marketing, you will drive content, link-building and page level optimizations. You will be supported by an associate and partner closely with our SEO editor and in-house editorial team. You’ll also have the opportunity to collaborate with our highly-respected SEO consultants, AJ Kohn (www.blindfiveyearold.com), Mike King (iPullrank.com) and Siege Media (siegemedia.com). You will partner with, educate, and learn from teams throughout the company and have accountability and ownership for the traffic and revenue gains you are able to produce
What you’ll do
- Evolve and implement an effective SEO growth strategy, working closely with Product, Engineering, Social, PR, and Editorial.
- Develop a repeatable process that allows our (to be hired) SEO associate to optimize tagging of thousands of priority pages per month
- Work with Siege Media and our PR team to evolve and execute a scalable link-earning strategy, as well as content marketing initiatives
- Leverage a dedicated content budget to make additions that drive measurable growth
- Partner with our Senior Product Manager to create a test-and-learn culture within our SEO team through A-B testing and close measurement of site releases
- Partner with our Analytics team to build out our system of reporting on and analyzing 1stDibs organic traffic, site health, rankings, Googlebot crawls, and backlinks to monitor performance and identify areas of opportunity
- Closely track industry-wide changes, search news and competition in order to educate the organization and provide up-to-date recommendations
- Enhance our internal account management and seller education to improve how our thousands of sellers around the globe market their products through our platform.
- Work with our Taxonomy Manager to define a search-friendly category and classification structure
What you’ll bring
- Experience setting and exceeding aggressive work goals wherever you go
- A minimum of 5+ years data-driven digital marketing experience, with 3 years focusing on SEO including content marketing
- A track-record of managing and mentoring team members to achieve wins and career growth
- Deep knowledge of technical SEO, search tools and a creative mind to leverage them in new ways
- Process-oriented approach, with the ability to plan and execute projects cross-functionally and flexibility to adjust your approach when presented with new data or roadblocks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to tailor your language and style based on the very different groups you’ll be working with (CEO, engineers, junior marketers, account managers, sellers, etc)
- Advanced Excel skills and comfort manipulating large volumes of data. SQL skills a plus
- Thoughtful and detail-oriented approach, with an ability to multitask
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.
- Back-End Engineer
- Chief Commercial Officer
- Client Enablement and Onboarding Manager
- Customer Enablement and Content Delivery Manager
- Data Engineer
- Director, Product Management - International
- Domestic Logistics Coordinator
- Employee Experience and Communications Director
- Executive Assistant
- Fixed Term Junior Data Analyst
- Graphic Designer
- IT Support Specialist
- Logistics Payable Coordinator - Part-time
- Private Client Specialist - Furniture/Art
- Private Client Specialist - Jewelry/Fashion
- Product Designer
- Product Designer – Buyer Experience
- Product Manager, Logistics
- Product Manager, Search
- Product Manager, Structured Data
- Salesforce Admin
- Senior Director Logistics
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Product Analyst
- Senior Product Manager, Message Center
- Senior Social Media Manager
- SEO Associate
- SEO Senior Manager
- Sr. Manager, Fine Art Sales
- Strategic Client Associate
- Trade Business Development Associate
- Web Analytics Administrator
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits