Sr. Account Executive, Trade
Our Senior Account Executives (SAEs) are responsible for growing the annual spend of their assigned book of business, which will consist of large-sized interior design and architecture firms.
In this role, you will perform the majority of your business over the phone, but also some local in-person meetings and events, and you will bring a strong background of establishing relationships in remote markets. You will inspire change in how design firms have historically purchased their one-of-a-kind vintage and contemporary pieces in a dealer-direct manner. You will be tasked with introducing internal advocates and procurement teams to the 1stdibs e-commerce site, and communicating the myriad benefits associated with making this change. You will handle a book of named accounts with the goal of growing overall spend GMV per account. You will also receive warm leads from our Market and Sales Development team, and will be responsible for a feedback loop in order to maximize key metrics, including completed meetings and purchase conversions.
You ’ll love this role if you're someone who thrives in a start-up environment: you're ready to roll up your sleeves, jump in the trenches, and do whatever it takes to get the job done. You thrive in a constantly-changing setting, and can grow into other roles as we expand. You have a competitive edge, but you're also celebrating when your colleague closes a big sale.
You will be placed on a professional growth path, and will enjoy interacting with 1stdibs’ top VIP design firms that have a higher estimated annual spend on platform. One potential path for promotion involves in-market visits to reach a strategic sales role with 1stdibs.
What you'll do
- Manage and own a weekly calendar of meetings with new and returning 1stdibs clients
- Engage in regular contact via phone and email with your designated accounts, identifying who’s in the sourcing and purchasing phases of their project lifecycles
- Begin to uncover and document the org maps for design firms - your goal is to identify power users, decision-makers, and key influencers
- Set a goal towards an annual quota of GMV spend for your assigned accounts, and SDR-generated opportunities
- Capture and maintain a prospect’s interest in transacting with 1stdibs by clearly communicating the incomparable benefits associated with being a member of our game-changing Trade program
- Gain an understanding of the sourcing and purchasing processes for mid-sized design and architecture firms
What you'll bring
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3-5+ years of experience in an inside sales closing role at a SaaS or technology start-up
- Experience cultivating a book of 100+ accounts with a sales cycle of 1-6 months for first purchase
- Webinar and shared-screen presentation skills
- Affinity for time management and experience in a role responsible for closing MDR/SDR-generated opportunities
- Experience with relaying product and platform updates to remote markets via conference calls with 5-10+ attendees
- Timely and thoughtful follow-up in order to create trust and strong relationships with your accounts
- Ability to identify and overcome objections throughout the full sales cycle
Not a requirement, but a huge plus
- Passion for interior design, art, objects d’art, decorative arts, or architecture
- Understanding of the 1stdibs competitive landscape – from both traditional sources and new technology companies
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for one-of-a-kind products. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, vintage furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Account Executive
- Account Manager
- Carrier Manager
- Customer Service Specialist
- Front-End Engineer
- Head of Business Development - London
- Head of Customer Experience and Operations
- Head of Growth, Jewelry
- International Logistics Specialist
- International Logistics Specialist - UK
- iOS Developer
- Java Software Engineer
- Manager, Talent Acquisition
- Market Development Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Marketing Manager, Email and Operations
- Product Manager, Traffic Growth
- Sales Development Representative
- Salesforce Administrator
- Sales Manager
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Strategic Finance Analyst
- Sr. Account Executive, Trade
- Vetting Specialist
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes