Strategic Finance Analyst
We are seeking a Finance Analyst to join the Strategic Finance team. Our team leads the Financial Planning & Analysis, Business Partnering, Financing, and Investor Relations functions, and works closely with the Executive team during strategic planning. In this role, you will help conduct financial and operational analyses and provide recommendations to company management, all while working cross-functionally to support teams such as Supply, Product, Operations, and Marketing. You will need to possess strong quantitative skills, keen attention to detail, and the ability to communicate ideas clearly. This role will allow the right candidate to both grow professionally and take on more responsibility in the organization over time.
What you’ll do
Budgeting & Forecasting / Reporting
- Work with Senior Analysts to build budgets and forecasts for teams across the company
- Support monthly check-ins with these teams so they can understand department-specific and overall business performance
- Collaborate with Finance team colleagues to produce monthly and quarterly financial performance review presentations for the Executive team
- Update company models with actual metrics and help forecast future performance
- Prepare materials for the Board of Directors and investors
Business Partnering and Decision Support
- Support finance team management by providing an understanding of financial metrics, both topline and expense -related, and their underlying business drivers
- Update key performance indicator models that help us ensure we are scaling responsibly: both fueling high growth and making sound financial decisions
- Act as a business partner to various company stakeholders to understand their needs and answer their financial questions
- Support our bi-annual strategic planning process by helping assess the potential impact of new business opportunities
What you will bring
- 1+ years of experience working in a Finance or FP&A role, with business operations -related work a plus
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance or other business major
- Strong knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong analytical skills with the ability and resilience to go deep into the details
- Ability to state ideas clearly and concisely, and to be able to admit a mistake
- Comfort with ambiguity, and multiple and changing priorities
- Familiarity with and passion for e-commerce, marketplaces, furniture, and design a plus
- Experience with Looker, Netsuite, and/or SQL a plus
1stDibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits