This role is majority remote but candidates should be willing to commute to our NYC office on an as-needed basis.
1stDibs is a one-of-a-kind online marketplace that connects design lovers to more than one million extraordinary pieces, from furniture and fine art to jewelry and fashion. As a leading global marketplace for design lovers, we enable shoppers to discover beautiful things and interact with top sellers from around the world and our team shares that passion. Our best-in-class platform allows shoppers to buy directly, negotiate a price, or bid on items at auction and enables them to interact with sellers throughout all stages of the transaction — including item inquiries, price negotiations, and customization requests.
As the largest luxury online marketplace, we are changing the way consumers shop for luxury items online. We are looking for a Systems Engineer to join our sysops team and help enable our engineers to deliver and maintain a world-class eCommerce infrastructure. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the stability, observability, and performance of 1stDibs.com as we deliver to our ever-growing audience.
To be successful in this role you will be an experienced systems engineer with a background in operating AWS services in a fast-moving environment with a high level of independence and responsibility. You will face unexpected challenges and work collaboratively with other engineers as we rapidly deploy new features using new technologies.
- Interface with other internal and external teams to roll out new features and new infrastructure components
- Design and implement scalable architectures
- Find potential enhancements and opportunities for cost savings
- Evaluate new technologies, vendors, and other initiatives
- Offer support to our development team as they deploy bug fixes and feature enhancements
Who you are:
- You have 4 + years of experience in systems engineering/administration, preferably in a web or eCommerce environment
- You have a strong background with configuration management, containerization, and AWS cloud services
- You possess strong written and verbal communication skills and the desire to work in an open and collaborative environment
- You are prepared to work on multiple projects with different priorities and timelines Unix/Linux administration and management
- (centos/rhel preferred)
- You have a configuation management background and understanding of best practices (puppet,chef,ansible) bash/zsh/shell scripting
- AWS (EC2/Dynamo/R53/RDS/S3 deployment and best practices)
- You understand automation workflows and CI/CD pipelines Git/Github best practices and workflows Containerization workflows for development and deployment (docker/kubernetes or similarYou have Mac OS X familiarity for local tooling and day to day work
Nice to have:
- You understand Node.js/PM2/NPM/Yarn Administration
- You have experience with Varnish (or equivalent caching proxy)
- You have utilized Terraform and/or orther Hashicorp Systems
- You have experience with Jira
- You have experience with Jenkins
1stDibs is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The 1stDibs mission, to enrich lives with the extraordinary, can only be achieved when diversity, equity and inclusion are embedded into our values, culture and the way we do business. Enabling access to and celebrating unique and diverse perspectives is at the very core of what we do. We are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the industry, who are reflective of the diversity of our communities, and fostering an environment where every individual feels they belong, are valued and heard. As a leading design marketplace, we leverage the power of our platform and brand to empower historically underrepresented individuals, and the businesses they own, across the art and design industries.