Team Lead, International Logistics
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for one-of-a-kind products. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, vintage furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
Looking into the future, we are expecting significant growth in e-commerce orders, including cross-border orders. The Team Lead of International Logistics ensures timely quoting and delivery of international orders. Reporting to the Senior Logistics Manager, the Manager will lead a team of employees located in NYC and Wyboston UK.
What you'll do
- Managing an operations team that is responsible for quoting shipments and tracking orders.
- Actively manage vendor/ carrier performance against their SLAs and KPIs.
- Manage exceptions and escalations for your team
- Build cross-functional relationships and manage workflows across organizations, such as seller communications, customer support and VIP sales
- Coach and develop an operations team, including managing performance metrics, maintaining high team morale, leading process improvements.
What you’ll bring
- 3-5 years experience in logistics, ideally within an ecommerce company
- Understand cross-border shipping requirements, including customs and duties
- Experienced in managing and scaling operations teams in the past, such as call centers
- Analytical skills: ability to understand how to track team performance and KPIs
- Experience using Excel, Order Management System, Salesforce and other tools to analyse, manage and report on team performance
- Experience managing vendors, including ability to understand contracts and manage SLA’s.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to build relationships with subordinates, peers, executives and clients
- Experience with white glove and door to door freight international logistics is a plus
- Customer Service Specialist
- Dealer Relations Intern
- Director of Marketing (Trade)
- Finance Analyst
- Head of Customer Experience, Trade
- (HR) People Manager
- Java Software Engineer
- Lead UX Researcher
- New & Custom Concierge
- Private Client Services, Senior Sales Associate
- Product Design Intern
- Product Manager - Growth
- Product Manager - Seller Experience
- Product Marketing Manager
- Sales Operations Manager
- Senior Customer Support Specialist - (German Speaking)
- Senior Manager, Growth and Product Marketing
- Senior UX Designer
- Sr. Account Executive, Trade
- Team Lead, International Logistics
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes