Weekend Logistics Specialist
We are seeking a Logistics Specialist focused on domestic and international shipments to help scale our complex fulfillment network within a fast-paced business environment. In this role, you will need to effectively operate within a complex logistics network aiming to deliver an outstanding experience for customers and dealers around the world.
Reporting to the Logistics Team Lead, the Logistics Specialist will arrange for the fulfillment of individual orders and develop strong relationships internally and with external vendors.
Your proactive, resourceful, and communicative nature will also allow you to serve as a point person for interested parties seeking delivery options or pricing for potential orders, as well as updates on confirmed orders.
What you’ll do
Support prospective and in-transit shipments
- Help determine the best carrier and method for particular shipments, then help obtain quotes and register shipments with carriers
- Create domestic and international shipping labels and documents for online orders
- Work with dealers to ensure items are packed safely and shipped promptly, offering packing and pickup help as needed
- Guide dealers and customers through handling cross-border transit complications or fees
- Obtain accurate tracking updates, then surface them to customers, dealers, and internal support
- Proactively monitor shipment statuses and follow up on issues requiring intervention, all the way through resolution
- Ensure we deliver on our promises, including expedited shipments and other custom requests
Proactively follow up to all interested parties
- Use our order manager, Salesforce, spreadsheets, and other tools to keep all stakeholders up-to-date on all shipments from confirmation to delivery
- Communicate internally and externally regarding any delays and changes in deliveries
- Handle multifaceted customer and dealer needs such as cross-border shipping, consolidated shipments, and expedited orders with firm deadlines
Continually improve our processes and performance
- Design and document clear processes to help our team scale and handle rapid growth in order volume
What you’ll bring
- Ability to work (4) days per week, (10) hours per day: Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays. Note: Saturdays and Sundays may be worked remotely.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years’ experience in domestic or international cross-border logistics
- Truly outstanding attention to detail, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and spoken), with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships internally and externally
- Enthusiasm for teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to work and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple projects
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who takes ownership over his/her work
- E-commerce and Salesforce experience a plus!
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Associate Editor
- Business Development Executive
- Business Development Manager, London
- Carrier Manager
- Customer Experience Specialist
- Director, Product Management
- Front-End Engineer
- Head of Customer Experience and Operations
- Java Software Engineer
- Marketing Manager
- Marketplace Trust Manager
- Product Manager, Rewards
- Product Manager, Traffic Growth
- Senior Accountant
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Product Designer
- Showroom Manager
- Social Media Manager
- Staff Accountant
- Strategic Account Executive
- Strategic Planning - Supply lead
- UX Copywriter - Temporary Role
- Vetting Specialist
- Weekend Logistics Specialist
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes