Trade Return Policy
As a Trade 1st Program member, you’ll shop with confidence knowing your purchase is protected by our flexible Trade Return Policy.
Trade 1st members have a minimum of 7 days — or more depending on the seller’s return policy — to send back qualifying items. Firms that are Bronze or above will have their restocking fees covered (for items that fall within our Trade Return Policy and return window).
Simply email the Trade Relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate your return.
In order for your purchase to be eligible for the Trade Return Policy, the following criteria must be met:
- You were a verified Trade 1st member prior to the purchase
- The list price for the item is less than $35,000
- The item was not made to order or customized
- You initiate the return within the stated return window for that item (the window will be no less than 7 days)
- You place the order online through our secure checkout
- The item is a piece of furniture or art
- You return the piece in the same condition in which you received it
Please note: As the buyer, you are responsible for return shipping charges and will not be reimbursed for the original shipping cost. To ensure proper insurance coverage, all return shipments must go through 1stdibs. Any international customs duties and taxes will not be refunded, and returns of customized or made-to-order items are at the seller's discretion. Return shipping costs are not subsidized and may be higher than the original shipping cost. To the extent that the EU Consumer Rights Directive (“CRD”) applies to you, you may have additional rights relating to returning Items to the timing of returns and waiver of restocking fees. To the extent the CRD applies (if you are a consumer based in the EU), you will be entitled to elect to use either the CRD or the seller's policy to receive the applicable 1stdibs Trade 1st program benefits in respect of returning a particular item. See our User Agreement (Section 19).