1STDIBS TRADE REWARDS PROGRAM
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Ways to Earn Points
(i) You will receive one (1) Status Point for every One Dollar ($1.00) of furniture and art merchandise that you purchase on or through the Site, either while enrolled in the Trade Rewards Program or in the calendar year of your enrollment, including dates prior to your enrollment. 1stdibs has the right but not the obligation to provide other ways for you to earn Status Points, which it may announce via email, by updating this document, or otherwise by posting elsewhere on our website.
(iii) You do not receive any Status Points or Cash Rewards Points for costs related to shipping/handling fees, any other costs related to delivery (e.g., customs fees), taxes, or fashion or jewelry purchases. If a purchased item is subsequently returned or a purchase cancelled, we may remove any Status Points and Cash Rewards Points added to your account related to that transaction in our sole discretion.
(iv) All amounts relevant to the Trade Rewards Program refer to, and are calculated in, US Dollars. If your purchase is made in a different currency, we will apply a currency conversion rate based on a commercially available conversion rate of our choice.
Rewards Earned with Cash Rewards Points
Under the current Trade Rewards Program, for every five thousand (5,000) Cash Rewards Points you earn based on your eligible purchases from the Site, you earn a Fifty Dollar ($50.00) Reward Card. However, if your firm is in the Gold tier, your firm will earn a One Hundred Dollar ($100.00) Trade Reward for every five thousand (5,000) Cash Rewards Points earned while in the Gold tier. If your firm is in the Platinum tier, you will earn a One Hundred, Twenty-Five Dollars ($125.00) Trade Reward for every five thousand (5,000) Cash Rewards Points earned while in the Platinum tier. Please note: the maximum you can earn is One Hundred, Twenty-Five Dollars ($125.00) in Trade Rewards for every five thousand (5,000) Cash Rewards Points.
Expiration of Cash Rewards Points
If you make a qualifying purchase and have Cash Rewards Points in your account as a result, but you do not make another purchase on the Site for twelve (12) months from the date your previous transaction confirmed in our systems, any existing Cash Rewards Points in your account will be extinguished, and your account will automatically reset to zero (0).
Cash Rewards Points in your account expire on the earliest to occur of: (1) the moment at which they are converted into a Reward Card (thereby using up the number of Cash Rewards Points it took to earn the Reward Card); (2) the termination of this Trade Rewards Program; or (3) one (1) year following your last qualifying purchases on the Site.
- Registered Member status is conferred on you by joining the Trade Rewards Program and it applies to those members who have not yet earned at least 25,000 Status Points (i.e., from 0 – 24,999 Status Points);
- Bronze Status = 25,000 – 49,999 Status Points;
- Silver Status = 50,000 – 99,999 Status Points;
- Gold = 100,000 – 249,999 Status Points; and
- Platinum = 250,000 Status Points or more.
Additional Perks of Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum Level Membership
Once you achieve Bronze Status, you are eligible for the following additional benefits:
- A firm profile on our Site. Your firm’s profile is a customer-facing biography of your firm. You are responsible for the creation and upkeep of your profile. 1stdibs retains the sole discretion for determining if you are eligible for a firm profile, regardless of Status Points earned.
- Designer Connection. Your firm has the opportunity to get recommended by 1stdibs to potential new clients based on their expressed style, budget and design needs. 1stdibs retains the sole and complete discretion for determining whom to recommend in any particular case, and does not guarantee that any particular firm will be recommended for any particular buyer (or at all).
- 1stdibs Events. Your firm may be eligible to receive invitations from 1stdibs to networking events, learning opportunities and more.
Once you achieve Silver Status, you are also eligible for the following additional benefits:
- Social Media Post. The amount and type of social media (e.g., Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest) coverage provided will be at 1stdibs’ sole and complete discretion. There is no guarantee of any particular amount or type of coverage. You will not have approval rights over any use of your Content in editorial coverage.
- Enhanced Buyer Protection. If your item doesn’t arrive as described, you’ll get up to thirty (30) calendar days from the date of arrival to report the issue, and we will work with you and the seller closely to attempt, so far as reasonably possible, to achieve an optimal resolution for all parties. Every case is individually assessed by our team and network of specialists to endeavor, in a transparent manner, to determine such an optimal solution.
Once you achieve Gold Status, you are also eligible for the following additional benefits:
- Seller information. You will be able to see additional seller information when members of your firm log in to their 1stdibs Trade account.
- 360 Firm Feature. 1stdibs gives firms at Gold and Platinum levels opportunities for media promotion including but not limited to email, social media (in addition to social post included in Silver tier), and onsite placement. Media promotion is dependent on your firm having a complete, published profile with professional grade photography, and is at the sole discretion of 1stdibs. The amount and type of media promotion provided will be at 1stdibs’ sole and complete discretion. There is no guarantee of any particular amount or type of promotion. You will not have approval rights over any use of your Content in media promotion.
- Enhanced Buyer Protection. If your item doesn’t arrive as described, you receive the same assistance as described in the Silver Status Tier for a period of up to sixty (60) calendar days from the date of arrival to report the issue.
- VIP Event Access. Your firm may be eligible to receive invitations to exclusive experiences such as studio tours, openings and launches.
- Editorial Coverage. Firms may be eligible for a mention in one of our online editorial properties. Inclusion is dependent on your firm having a complete, published profile with professional grade photography, and is at the sole discretion of 1stdibs. The amount and type of editorial coverage provided will be at 1stdibs’ sole and complete discretion. There is no guarantee of any particular amount or type of editorial promotion. You will not have approval rights over any use of your Content in editorial promotion.
Once you achieve Platinum Status, you are also eligible for the following additional benefits:
- Print Feature. Platinum tier firms will receive priority consideration for coverage in the following print publications: Rooms of Distinction, Introspective and our bi-annual catalog. The amount and type of editorial coverage provided will be at 1stdibs’ sole and complete discretion, and you do not have approval rights over the use of your Content. There is no guarantee of any particular amount or type of coverage.
- Enhanced Buyer Protection. If your item doesn’t arrive as described, you receive the same assistance as described in the Silver and Gold Status Tiers for a period of up to ninety (90) calendar days from the date of arrival to report the issue.
- Status Points are points that determine the Membership Level your firm belongs to; and
- Cash Rewards Points are points that determine the amount of cash rewards your firm earns.
1. General Program Requirements and Description.
(b) All Trade Rewards will be sent to Trade Clients in the form of an American Express or Visa prepaid card (the “Reward Card”), and the brand will be at our sole discretion. The Reward Card should be redeemable for merchandise anywhere Amex or Visa prepaid cards are accepted, subject to any limitations imposed by Amex/Visa and by merchants. The Reward Card will be sent via US mail or a recognized delivery service/parcel carrier to the attention of the registered contract address of the Trade Client, and are intended solely for the Trade Client and not an individual.
(c) 1stdibs is not responsible for loss or theft of your Reward Card, and is not responsible for use or misuse of the Reward Card after it is sent. Trade Clients hereby agree to indemnify and hold 1stdibs harmless against and from, any losses, costs, attorney’s fees, and judgments, related in any way to any claims that Trade Clients or anyone else might make against us in respect of any of the matters set forth in this paragraph.
(d) 1stdibs reserves the right to change or discontinue the benefits Membership Level, and Trade Rewards associated with the Trade Rewards Program in our sole discretion at any time without prior notice. Changes to the Trade Rewards Program will be notified through email or via posting on the Site. Special promotions related to the Trade Rewards Program (if any), will be awarded as described in the applicable promotional offer and will be subject to any additional terms set forth in the promotional offer.
(e) Trade Clients are responsible to ensure that each individual that makes purchases for your Trade Client entity on 1stdibs has their account linked to the Trade Client’s account. Any merchandise purchased by an individual account that is not linked to the Trade Client’s account will not earn any Status Points or Cash Rewards Points.
(f) There are no specific membership fees associated with the Trade Rewards Program.
2. How Your Trade Client Account Works.
(a) Enrollment Tier: Enrollment in Registered Member, Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum tiers of Trade Rewards is based on earned Status Points within a calendar year. Status increases at the time at which Trade Clients achieve a higher tier level, on a going-forward basis. Once a Membership Level is achieved, Trade Clients would remain in this Membership Level for the remainder of that calendar year.
(b) Timing of Sending Reward Cards: 1stdibs will keep track of Cash Rewards Points Trade Clients earn, and will send a Reward Card after Trade Clients reach a new Membership Level. We will maintain a record of the Cash Rewards Points in excess of an applicable Membership Level that remain in your account, and we will mail the next Reward Card after Trade Clients achieve the next incremental Membership Level. We reserve the right to send Reward Cards up to three (3) months after they are earned in order to allow appropriate processing time. Trade Clients can view and track your account balance on your account page or by contacting us directly.
(e) Status Points and Cash Rewards Points accrued have no monetary value and are for promotional purposes only.
3. Trade Client Profile.
As a benefit of the Trade Rewards Program, your firm may become eligible for a firm profile on the Site through this Trade Rewards Program. By creating your firm’s profile on 1stdibs.com, Trade Clients explicitly agree to the following:
(a) Trade Clients will meet all our content guidelines, which include without limitation that your Content is appropriate for a first-class website, does not violate any third-parties’ rights, and does not contain any inappropriate language or content. We have the right to remove any content at all that does not meet our standards. All content supplied by Trade Clients (text, photos, etc.) is defined hereinafter, collectively, as your “Content”.
(b) 1stdibs’ Non-Exclusive Rights to Content. Trade Clients acknowledge and agree that by submitting Content to 1stdibs, Trade Clients grant to 1stdibs a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such Content throughout the world in any media, and as otherwise set forth in the User Agreement.
4. Registration and Account Access.
6. Suspension; Termination.
7. Liability Limit.
Except as explicitly stated otherwise, any notices to 1stdibs shall be given by registered mail, sent postage prepaid, to 1stdibs, attn.: Trade Rewards Program Manager, 51 Astor Place, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10003. 1stdibs may give Trade Clients notice by posting on the Site, or by email, or US mail, to the address provided to 1stdibs.com. Postal notice shall be deemed given three (3) business days after the date of mailing.