Skip to main content
Questions & Answers
Our trusted network of 1stDibs sellers answer common questions

What is 1970s furniture called?

1 Answer
What 1970s furniture is called varies. Generally, you may see pieces produced during the decade classified as "vintage" or "retro" furniture. During the 1970s, some makers continued to produce furniture that boasted the characteristics of mid-century modern works. The disco era yielded furnishings with organic, often rounded shapes, unadorned silhouettes, clean lines and a mix of materials. The showy leather furniture of the 1970s, which was both sexy and comfortable, is seeing a resurgence in today’s homes. Shop a wide variety of vintage 1970s furniture on 1stDibs.
1stDibs ExpertMarch 15, 2024