- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
FW 2003 Roberto Cavalli Open Back Chain Sweater
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Prague, Czech Republic
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Manufacturer
Whether they’re adorned with understated floral patterns or colorful prints that draw on the wonders of the animal kingdom, vintage Roberto Cavalli dresses and evening gowns, shirts and skirts are unapologetically exuberant. All of the seductive garments crafted at the luxury fashion house have long been associated with extravagance and red-carpet sophistication, and their stories begin in Central Italy.
Roberto Cavalli was born in Florence, Tuscany, in 1940 into an already artistically rich family — his mother was a tailor and his grandfather, Giuseppe Rossi, was a member of an Italian art movement called Macchiaioli that shared common ground with Impressionist painters. Cavalli was creative at the onset and focused on textiles at the Florence Academy of Art. He garnered some high-profile attention with bold prints on knitwear.
After he patented an experimental and revolutionary process that saw him printing on lightweight leather, Cavalli secured commissions from major fashion houses such as Hermès and Pierre Cardin. He explored integrating handmade ornamentation in his designs and found limitless inspiration in the majestic creatures of the jungle.
In the early 1970s Cavalli unveiled his first namesake collection in Paris and the Sala Bianca of Palazzo Pitti in Florence. He then opened his inaugural boutique in France’s Saint-Tropez in 1972. While the designer’s printed denim offerings were deemed unsophisticated by the day’s couturiers — they looked down upon the material — Cavalli’s form-fitting, sensual cuts, innovative patchwork and obvious dedication to impeccable craftsmanship found admirers in the likes of Sophia Loren and Brigitte Bardot.
In 1980 Cavalli married former beauty pageant contestant Eva Düringer, who became his trusted business partner. Now a signature of the label, the pair introduced their first sand-blasted jeans in 1994 and later opened boutiques in Venice and elsewhere.
Cavalli’s designs sold all over the world, and the brand’s success helped pave the way for the introduction of a line that targeted younger consumers and RC Menswear to complement the array of day dresses, shoes, lingerie and coats and outerwear that were offered in his popular boutiques. In 2005 Cavalli was asked to help reinvigorate Playboy’s iconic bunny costumes and, in 2006, model Kate Moss starred in his spring/summer ad campaign. A year later, Cavalli created an exclusive collection for H&M and designed costuming for Jennifer Lopez concerts as well as the Spice Girls.
- Roberto Cavalli Fall 2000 Velvet CardiganBy Roberto CavalliLocated in Prague, CZA beautiful velvet cardigan, stretchy with a genuine fur trim. Size L, true to size. Please be advised that a cardigan was pinched on a photo to fit a size Small mannequin. Excelle...Category
Early 2000s Cardigans
- Dior Fall 1999 RTW SweaterLocated in Prague, CZRare wool blend sweater from Dior Fall 1999 RTW collection with an oversized collar. A very unique double layered fabric with a mesh on top in the best transitions of John Galliano....Category
- Gucci Fall 1997 Soft Touch SweaterBy Gucci, Tom Ford for GucciLocated in Prague, CZSize M. Measurements (flat lay on one side): Shoulder to shoulder - 40 cm (15,7 in) Armpit to armpit - 47 cm (18,5 in) Length - 53 cm (21 in) The sweater is fairly stretchy. Very ...Category
- Gucci by Tom Ford Fall 2001 Angora Sweater with Mink detailsBy Gucci, Tom Ford for GucciLocated in Prague, CZSize XS for oversized fit or S for a regular fit. 80% angora. A collar and cuffs are made out of 100% sheared mink fur. A great, warm and fluffy collectible for any Tom Ford for...Category
Early 2000s Sweaters
- Fall 2000 Dior by John Galliano Openwork Oversized SweaterBy John Galliano for Christian Dior, Christian DiorLocated in Prague, CZA stunning sweater with silver PVC thread, very delicate yet warm! Size label is missing, however its so oversized that can be worn by a variety of sizes from Small to X-Large. Ver...Category
Early 2000s Pullovers
- Roberto Cavalli Spring 2003 Embroidered Denim Coat with SkirtBy Roberto CavalliLocated in Prague, CZA truly iconic piece from one of the best collections of Roberto Cavalli: this wonderful set features a shorter version of the embroidered denim coat from the runway look and the sam...Category
Early 2000s Suits, Outfits and Ensembles$3,356 Sale Price20% Off
- Roberto Cavalli Quilted Silk and Wool Knit Leopard Print Sweater TopBy Roberto CavalliLocated in Portland, ORThis is such an easy to wear Roberto Cavalli leopard print pullover style top or sweater. This crew neck top feels like a soft sweatshirt because is is so comfortable but fits like a...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Pullovers
- Roberto Cavalli 2003 Baroque cardigan topBy Roberto CavalliLocated in Annandale, VAIconic Roberto Cavalli 2003 Baroque print cardigan top Very soft and pleasant to touch. The fabric tag has faded but the sleeves are made of silk and body viscose Size XL. I woul...Category
Early 2000s Cardigans
- Roberto Cavalli Brown Silk Leopard Print Cardigan SBy Roberto CavalliLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Add this luxurious cardigan from Roberto Cavalli to your wardrobe. It is skillfully stitched from silk and has long sleeves. The bold leopard-printed piece is the right option for ca...Category
2010s Italian Cardigans
- JUST CAVALLI Size XS Black Rhinestone Studded Coated Cotton Crew-Neck SweatshirtBy Roberto Cavalli, Just CavalliLocated in San Francisco, CAJUST CAVALLI western pullover comes in black coated leather effect cotton jersey with a ribbed crew neck and gold tone black and clear rhinestone studded shoulders. Made in Italy. E...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Pullovers$294 Sale Price20% Off
- Roberto Cavalli cashmere multi-print V-pulloverBy Roberto CavalliLocated in New York, NYRoberto Cavalli cashmere V-pullover has multi-prints and colors along with metallic gold threads accent throughout. The front length measures 15 1/4", back is 22". Underarm circ...Category
1990s Italian Pullovers$285 Sale Price36% Off
- Roberto Cavalli Black Metallic Rib Knit Turtleneck Jumper - Size US 2By Roberto CavalliLocated in London, GBRobert Cavalli Black Metallic Rib Knit Turtleneck Jumper - Rib knit - Metallic pink threading - Fold over turtleneck - Full length - Long sleeves with folded wrist - Fitted - Stret...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Pullovers$245 Sale Price33% Off