Items Similar to 18th Century Italian Hand Carved Architectural Giltwood Fragments on Black Stand View More
18th Century Italian Hand Carved Architectural Giltwood Fragments on Black Stand
Elegantly hand carved in deep relief and gilt with gold leaves, these Italian giltwood fragments feature an S-shape rich in scrolls, leaf and flowers motifs. Water shiny and matte gilt alternates in these 18th century Rococo gilded wood fragments to enhance the three-dimensional carvings, with slight minor remnants of red paint - usually used as a base coat for gold leaf gilding- and a wonderfully aged original patina throughout. The back of the fragments is left not decorated, just painted with original antique yellow ocher paint. Deeply carved and formed, these fragments are raised on a new custom black lacquer wood rectangular molded Socle base. These old world fragments from a time of ornamentation and decadence will pop any space with a feeling of classic royal nobility. A beautiful antique artifact that has been taken away from it's original context - probably a huge frame's frieze or an important architectural wall or ceiling decoration- and changed into a work of art that would be perfect in a living room, study, bedroom or entryway as a decorative architectural focal point as well as great decorative accessory for a tabletop, book shelf or desk. Great statement as fireplace mantel's ornament. They can also be used as candleholders simply adding a bobeche on top. Measures: H. 38 cm, W. 14 cm, D. 4 cm, Base: W. 15.5 x D. 13.5 cm.
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture18th Century
- Materials and Techniques
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 14.97 in. x W 5.91 in. x D 5.52 in.H 38 cm x W 15 cm x D 14 cm
- Seller LocationFirenze, IT
- Seller Reference NumberGalleria Antonio Esposito di Chiara Esposito
- Sold AsSet of 2
- Reference NumberLU950317810942
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingFree ShippingFront Doorto anywhere in the world, arrives in 8-18 days.Delivered to the first available dry area outside of your house or building (front door, porch, landing area, garage, etc.).Shipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 3 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2012
Typical response time: <1 hour
Located in Firenze, IT
More From This Seller
Italian 18th Century Diamond Shape Mercury Mirr...
Antique 18th Century Italian Rococo
Mercury Glass, Mirror, Giltwood
Italian 19th Century Palatial Hand Carved and L...
Antique 19th Century Italian Neoclassical
Wrought Iron, Wood, Lacquer
Italian 18th Century Louis XVI Mirror in Hand-C...
Antique 18th Century Italian Louis XVI
Mercury Glass, Mirror, Giltwood
You May Also Like
$1,400 / item
18th Century Carved Giltwood Fragments
Antique 18th Century Italian
18th Century Italian Gilded Boiserie Fragment
Antique Mid-18th Century Italian
A Portuguese Polychrome & Giltwood Presentoir, ...
Antique 18th Century and Earlier Portuguese Baroque
Italian Giltwood Architectural Fragment
Antique Late 18th Century Italian
Oak, Pine, Giltwood
18th Century Hand-Carved Angel Architectural el...
Antique 18th Century French
18th Century Carved Giltwood Floral Form Archit...
Antique Late 18th Century European
$1,383 Sale Price
Spanish 18th Century Baroque Giltwood Altar Shrine
Antique 18th Century Spanish Baroque