Items Similar to Swedish Black Lacquered and Gilt Chinoiserie Tall Case Clock, Lanner, Circa 1775
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 11
Swedish Black Lacquered and Gilt Chinoiserie Tall Case Clock, Lanner, Circa 1775
Swedish black lacquered and gilt Chinoiserie tall case clock with arched decorative floral hood, flanking finials, turned bulbous columns, ormolu and steel engraved face, figural floral stenciled trunk, gilt carved molded edge, and terminating on a figural floral stenciled squared plinth with the original bracket feet. Signed by maker, Josua Lanner, Carlskrona. Late 18th Century. Clock is 19" Wide @ Base , 10" Deep @ Base , & is in working condition.
- CreatorJosua Lanner (Clockmaker)
- DimensionsHeight: 83.75 in. (212.73 cm)Width: 22.75 in. (57.79 cm)Depth: 10.75 in. (27.31 cm)
- StyleGustavian (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of ManufactureCirca 1775
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationCharleston, SC
- Reference NumberSeller: # 40301stDibs: LU88723969133
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Ships From: Charleston, SC
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Seller
Located in Charleston, SC
4.7 / 5
These experienced sellers undergo a comprehensive evaluation by our team of in-house experts.
Established in 1970
1stDibs seller since 2010
234 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 6 hours
More From This Seller
- Located in Charleston, SCEnglish chinoiserie black lacquered and gilt stenciled tall case clock with a steel numeral engraved face surrou...Category
Antique 1680s English Chinoiserie Grandfather Clocks and Longcase ClocksMaterials
Gold, Brass, Steel, Ormolu
- By Joshua AllsopLocated in Charleston, SCEnglish chinoiserie tall case clock with pagoda glass cornice, flanking gilt carved urn finials, arched hood wit...Category
Antique Early 1700s English William III Grandfather Clocks and Longcase ...Materials
- Located in Charleston, SCEnglish Chippendale Mahogany tall case clock with broken pediment, brass finials with eagle, Corinthian columns,...Category
Antique 18th Century and Earlier British Chippendale Clocks
- By Joseph KirkLocated in Charleston, SCEnglish mahogany tall case clock with dental molded rectangular hood supported by upper and lower gilt bronze Co...Category
Antique 1740s English George II Grandfather Clocks and Longcase ClocksMaterials
- Located in Charleston, SCEnglish black lacquered and gilt stenciled figural pagoda hinged tea box with exterior gilt stenciled dragon mot...Category
Antique 1810s English George III Decorative BoxesMaterials
You May Also Like
19th Century English Red Lacquered Chinoiserie Tall Case Clock
Located in Dallas, TX
Beautiful 19th century red lacquered tall cased clock with chinoiserie design. The clock has London movement by George Tyler. A stunning piece!
Antique 19th Century English Chinoiserie Grandfather Clocks and Longcase...
18th Century English Red Lacquered Chinoiserie Tall Case Clock
Located in Essex, MA
An 18th century English Chinoiserie grandfather clock or longcase clock. Features a red lacquered wood case with figural and village decorations. Clock housed in architectural arched...
Antique 18th Century English Chinoiserie Grandfather Clocks and Longcase...
Swedish Tall Case Clock with Calendar
Located in Great Barrington, MA
Mora clock in a beautifully carved tall case, Sweden, circa 1820. The clock itself is quite sophisticated for a Mora movement, having an integral calendar function. The narrow case, ...
Antique Early 19th Century Swedish Rococo Grandfather Clocks and Longcas...
Gustavian Swedish Columnar Tall Case Clock, 18th Century
Located in Doylestown, PA
Gustavian Swedish columnar clock, 18th century, original grey-green-white paint, works, face. This beautiful and rare form grandfather clock, a variation on the Mora clock. Its colum...
Antique 18th Century Swedish Gustavian Grandfather Clocks and Longcase C...
19th Century English Chinoiserie Tall Case Clock
Located in Dallas, TX
Beautiful 19th century English chinoiserie tall case clock. Lovely painted images on the piece and the face of the clock has a very pretty scrolling brass design.
Antique 19th Century English Grandfather Clocks and Longcase Clocks
Tall Case Clock
Located in Nantucket, MA
English yew wood tall case clock with narrow proportions.
Antique Early 19th Century British Clocks
Swedish Long Case Clock
Located in Gloucestershire, GB
An elegant Swedish long case clock circa 1840, scraped to its original yellow paint. Full working order. Mora clocks were made mostly between 1790 and about 1880, initially around t...
Antique 19th Century Swedish Gustavian Grandfather Clocks and Longcase C...
Grand Continental Gilt Rococo Tall-Case Clock
Located in Los Angeles, CA
One of a kind Grand Tall-Case Clock from 1803 has a solid wood casing with original ivory color paint. and has a hand-carved wood design along the top, midsections, and bottom sectio...
Antique Early 1800s French Rococo Grandfather Clocks and Longcase Clocks
$5,025 Sale Price
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery
More Ways To Browse
Black Lacquered Painted
Black Lacquer Gilted
Chinoiserie Black Lacquer Furniture
Chinoiserie Black Lacquer
Carved Wood Chinoiserie
Tall Black Decorative Objects
Lacquer And Gilt Chinoiserie
Swedish Wood Craft
Chinoiserie Black Gilt