19th Century French White Marble and Gilt Striking Mantel Clock by Rollin ParisItem Status:
View Similar Items
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 6
19th Century French White Marble and Gilt Striking Mantel Clock by Rollin Paris
A good antique French hour-striking mantel clock, the white marble case is applied with gilt foliate decoration together with cornucopia to the sides of the central section and surmounted by a bow and arrow within a tied ribbon. The white enamel dial with Arabic numerals is fully signed and has delicately pierced gilt hands. The French firm of clockmakers, Rollin, Paris, took over from Domange in 1840 and from 1870 were established at Rue de Dunkerque.
- CreatorRollin (Clockmaker)
- DimensionsHeight: 14 in. (35.56 cm)Width: 11 in. (27.94 cm)Depth: 4.53 in. (11.51 cm)
- StyleBelle Époque (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1875
- ConditionRepaired: Only the necessary professional cleaning and maintenance of the working mechanism to ensure its good working order and reliability. Essential cleaning of the case to preserve its patina and colour. Wear consistent with age and use. Condition of this clock is excellent. Any further details available will be given freely and frankly upon request.
- Seller LocationDevon, GB
- Reference NumberSeller: NR47541stDibs: LU969715124591
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Estimated Customs Duties & Taxes to the Continental US: $0.Ships From: Devon, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
About the Seller
Located in Devon, United Kingdom
5 / 5
These experienced sellers undergo a comprehensive evaluation by our team of in-house experts.
Established in 1979
1stDibs seller since 2013
5 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 9 hours
The British Antique Dealers' AssociationLAPADA - The Association of Arts & Antiques Dealers
More From This Seller
- By S. Marti & CieLocated in Devon, GBSmall antique 19th century French red tortoiseshell and finely inlaid mantel clock by Marti of Paris. The cas...Category
Antique 19th Century French Mantel ClocksMaterials
PewterH 11 in. W 6 in. D 4.5 in.$4,675
- By Grimaldi & JohnsonLocated in Devon, GBAn antique late George III period ebonized bracket clock by Grimalde and Johnson, strand. This attractive clock ...Category
Antique 19th Century British Regency Mantel ClocksMaterials
WoodH 12.75 in. W 10 in. D 7 in.$11,793
- By Francois Le BaigueLocated in Devon, GBA fine late 17th century Parisian brass lantern clock on two trains with its original alarm disc and hour strike...Category
Antique Early 1700s French Louis XIV Wall ClocksMaterials
BrassH 15 in. W 6.25 in. D 7.5 in.$10,258
- By Thomas MossLocated in Devon, GBA good Regency period mahogany hour striking bracket clock. The lancet style case with pierced brass side frets,...Category
Antique Early 19th Century British Regency Mantel ClocksMaterials
MahoganyH 14.5 in. W 9.75 in. D 6.6 in.$9,560
- By John BarwiseLocated in Devon, GBA fine Regency longcase clock in the form of a domestic regulator in an architectural mahogany case with inset p...Category
Antique 1820s British Regency Grandfather Clocks and Longcase ClocksMaterials
MahoganyH 82 in. W 18.5 in. D 10.25 in.$27,564
- By Edward BurgisLocated in Devon, GBA rare James II ebony and gilt-metal basket-top quarter-striking spring table clock. The latched 7 1/4 inch squa...Category
Antique 17th Century British Jacobean Table Clocks and Desk ClocksMaterials
EbonyH 13 in. W 10.5 in. D 6.25 in.$53,036
You May Also Like
19th Century Ormolu and Marble Mantel Clock
Located in London, GB
In its unusual and beautiful design, this sumptuous mantel clock effortlessly transcends the boundaries between sculpture, clockmaking and objet de vertu. The piece is modelled as a ...
Antique Late 19th Century French Belle Époque Mantel Clocks
Marble, Ormolu, Bronze, Bronze
French 19th Century Gilt Bronze Mantel Clock and Candelabra
By Japy Frères
Located in London, GB
A Garniture de Cheminee by Japy Freres et Cie Constructed in two color gold ormolu, comprising a richly decorated mantle clock and two candelabra in the late Louis XVI manner; the b...
Antique 19th Century French Belle Époque Mantel Clocks
French 19th Century Ormolu White Marble Mantel Clock
Located in Rome, IT
Delicious French white marble ormolu mantel clock resting on four turned feet supporting an oval marble base with raised garland decoration. Two gracious cherubs are seated upon the ...
Antique 1860s French Mantel Clocks
19th c. French Marble Mantel Clock
Located in New York, NY
French black marble mantel clock with rosso antic marble column sides and a face numbered in etched and gilded roman numerals (Non-operational).
Antique Late 19th Century French Clocks
Marble, Gold Leaf, Metal
19th Century French Mantel Clock, by 'Monbro Aine, Paris'
By Monbro Ainé 1
Located in Brighton, Sussex
A very good quality, large French 19th century gilded ormolu and white marble mantel clock, signed; 'Monbro Aine, Paris'. Having an urn of grapes with semi clad Putti on either side....
Antique 1860s French Napoleon III Mantel Clocks
19th Century French Marble Mantel Clock Garniture
Located in Poole, GB
An elegant French white and pink marble clock garniture of neoclassical form, with ormolu decoration, the pediment supported by four columns and surmounted by a bronze lion with his ...
Antique 19th Century French Neoclassical Clocks
Charpentier 19th Century French Gilt Bronze and Rouge Marble Mantel Clock
By Charpentier et Cie
Located in Melbourne, Victoria
A beautiful 19th century Aesthetic style Charpentier gilt bronze and rouge marble French mantel (fireplace) clock of outstanding quality, circa 1860. The marble case profusely decora...
Antique 1860s French Mantel Clocks
$5,499 Sale Price
French Ormolu Marble Mantel Clock, 19th Century
Located in Cypress, CA
Spectacular and unique French Napoleon III ormolu mounted white marble mantel clock, 19th century. The clock is surmounted by a gilt bronze pineapple finial with ribbons over a porc...
Antique 19th Century French Louis XVI Mantel Clocks