Items Similar to Eugène Feuillâtre Silver and Plique-à-Jour Enamel "Capucines" Desk Clock
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 7
Eugène Feuillâtre Silver and Plique-à-Jour Enamel "Capucines" Desk Clock
This rare French Art Nouveau silver and plique-à-jour enamel clock depicts a dynamic display of butterflies and flowering "Capucines," or nasturtiums, by Eugène Feuillâtre. The front of the clock, which is charmingly- and subtly-shaped at the top like a butterfly wing, is decorated with intricate plique-à-jour enamel nasturtium flowers in shades of orange, each framed by a halo of delicate green flowers and leaves, while the face of the clock itself features two sweetly painted butterflies. The sweeping, gently angled sides of the clock share this decoration, while the top and back are gold-washed and heavily engraved with similar flowers and vines. Artist: Eugène Feuillâtre Circa: 1902 Dimensions: 6.25" height, 3.5" width, 3.5" depth Materials: Silver, Plique-à-jour enamel, Enameled brass clock face Signed: "Feuillâtre Sc.," clockworks incised "Lepine Aiguilles 28962" Provenance: Collection of Jerome Shaw, Florida Literature: Similar clock pictured in The Paris Salons 1895-1915, Vol. V: Objects d'Art and Metalware, by Alastair Duncan, Woodbridge, Suffolk: Antique Collectors' Club, 1999, p. 255 Exhibition History: Shown at La Société des Artistes Français in 1902
- CreatorEugène Feuillatre (Maker)
- DimensionsHeight: 6.25 in. (15.88 cm)Width: 3.5 in. (8.89 cm)Depth: 3.5 in. (8.89 cm)
- StyleArt Nouveau (Of the Period)
- Materials and TechniquesSilver,Enameled
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1902
- Seller LocationNew York, NY
- Reference NumberSeller: F-179851stDibs: LU88546473923
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: New York, NY
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Seller
Located in New York, NY
These prestigious sellers are industry leaders and represent the highest echelon for item quality and design.
Established in 1971
1stDibs seller since 2010
41 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: <1 hour
More From This Seller
- Feuillatre Art Nouveau Silver and Enamel VaseBy Eugène FeuillatreLocated in New York, NYA French Art Nouveau silver and enamel vase by Eugène Feuillatre. The vase is decorated with leafed branches holding pink and gold cloisonné flowers and buds against a sky blue backg...Category
Early 20th Century French Art Nouveau Vases
- Dufrène French Art Nouveau Gilt Bronze ClockBy Maurice DufrêneLocated in New York, NYA French Art Nouveau clock in gilt bronze by Maurice Dufrène with dancing figures modeled by Félix Voulot for the Parisian atelier La Maison Moderne, circa 1900. A similar model ...Category
Antique Early 1900s French Art Nouveau ClocksMaterials
- French Art Nouveau Gilt Bronze Clock by DufrèneBy Maurice DufrêneLocated in New York, NYA French Art Nouveau clock in green and brown patinated bronze, by Maurice Dufrène. The clock has dancing figures of a man and a woman, modeled by Félix Voulot for the Parisian ateli...Category
Antique Early 1900s French Art Nouveau Mantel ClocksMaterials
- Eugène Feuillâtre French Art Nouveau Silver and Enamel Coupe D'ornementBy Eugène FeuillatreLocated in New York, NYA French Art Nouveau silver and plique-a'-jour enamel coupe d’ornement by Euge'ne Feuilla^tre, circa 1900. This exceptional compote features delicate and stylized floral patterns...Category
Antique Early 1900s French Art Nouveau Decorative Bowls
- André Fernand Thesmar Plique-à-Jour Enamel Gold "Petite Coupe Sur Talon" BowlBy André Fernand ThesmarLocated in New York, NYThis small bowl, or "Petite Coupe Sur Talon," by André Fernand Thesmar is detailed in floral enamelwork and glimmering yellow gold. The delicate flower motifs of mountain blue violet...Category
Antique Early 1900s Faeroese Art Nouveau Decorative BowlsMaterials
- Three Legged Mahogany Table attributed to Eugène VallinBy Eugène VallinLocated in New York, NYA French three legged mahogany table attributed to Eugène Vallin. The table's second shelf and three legs are carved from a single piece of wood. The table's feet end in modified pads.Category
Antique Early 1900s French End TablesMaterials
You May Also Like
Silver and Enamel clock
Located in Buenos Aires, Argentina
Very good condition table clock made on sterling silver and enamel in front. the enamel is painted on silver the back is bronze. Swiss original base.
Vintage 1920s Swiss Art Deco Table Clocks and Desk Clocks
Art Deco Silver Jade Enamel Desk Clock
By Continental Lemania
Located in Austin, TX
A simply elegant Art Deco pediment shaped desk clock. The case and movement by continental Lemania, set in a spinach green nephrite jade housing, and mounted in sterling silver with...
Vintage 1920s American Art Deco Table Clocks and Desk Clocks
Jade, Enamel, Sterling Silver
Art Deco French Enameled Silver Desk Clock
Located in Hamilton, Ontario
This enameled silver desk clock is unsigned, so a specific maker cannot be identified, but the case was made in France, and the movement in Switzerland in the period and style of Art...
Early 20th Century French Art Deco Table Clocks and Desk Clocks
Miniature Austrian Enamel Sterling Silver & Bronze Desk Clock
Located in Los Angeles, CA
Miniature Austrian enamel sterling silver & bronze desk clock Bronze case with figure of a winged putti kneeling on the domical base holding up a bowed medallion, hand painted por...
Antique 19th Century American Table Clocks and Desk Clocks
Mantle Clock Napoleon III, Eugene Cornu Enamel, Cherry and Black Belgian Marble
By Eugène Cornu
Located in Saint-Ouen, FR
Mantle clock Napoleon III. Eugene Cornu enamel, cherry and black Belgian marble with gold gilt bronze. Paris. 1870 - 1880. Pendule: H 40cm, L 23cm, P 16cm Cassolettes: H 24cm, D 1...
Antique 1870s French Napoleon III Mantel Clocks
Marble, Bronze, Enamel
Onyx and Enamel Desk Clock by J.E. Caldwell
Located in New Orleans, LA
The Art Deco style is beautifully executed in this enchanting desk clock by J.E. Caldwell. The gilded dial, beautifully enameled in midnight blue and celadon green, sports four perfe...
20th Century American Art Deco Table Clocks and Desk Clocks
20th Century Cartier Silver Plated and Enamel Desk Clock, circa 1945
Located in Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Elegant mid-20th century Art Deco silver plated and enamel desk clock, Signed Cartier, Mechanical lever movement, gilt dial with textured central sector, luminous Arabic numerals, ou...
20th Century French Art Deco Table Clocks and Desk Clocks
Silver Plate, Enamel
$6,514 Sale Price
Antique Silver and Enamel Viennese Table Clock
Located in London, GB
This 19th century, Austrian table clock is crafted in silver and the complex champleve enamel technique. The base of the clock is a semi-spherical dome inlaid with enamel panels of c...
Antique Late 19th Century Austrian Neoclassical Table Clocks and Desk Cl...
French Capucine Officers Clock, circa 1820
Located in Melbourne, Victoria
A French brass Capucine Officers clock with alarm, circa 1820. The case of typical form, with doors to the sides and rear, urn finials to the top corners and flanking a polished s...
Antique 1820s French Carriage Clocks and Travel Clocks
Square Silver Tone Desk Clock
Located in Oakland Park, FL
Square silver tone desk clock. Round face. Battery operated "works". China, 20th century. Brass ring face detail Size: 4"W x 4"H x 2.5"D.
2010s Asian Mid-Century Modern Table Clocks and Desk Clocks