Items Similar to Wall Mounted 18th Century Swedish Mora Clock View More
Wall Mounted 18th Century Swedish Mora Clock
Dry scraped to the original painting, Sweden, circa 1780. It has unusually well made locks and hooks in forged iron. Many clocks were hung on the wall in old times hence the hole in the back that often can be found. No one knows for sure why but a good guess is that the floors were uneven and the mechanism is dependent on being horizontal to work properly with the pendulum. This clock was also made to be hung which means it can’t be placed freely on the floor, as the back is shorter than the front to accommodate the floor rims. It is on the other hand ideal to be placed against a wall. The clock comes with the original clockwork, two iron weights and pendulum. The clockwork has not been serviced and is sold as found.
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1780
- Condition Details89.38"H x 22.45" W x 7.09" D
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 89.38 in. x W 22.45 in. x D 7.09 in.H 227.03 cm x W 57.03 cm x D 18.01 cm
- Seller LocationLos Angeles, CA
- Reference NumberLU832612424401
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 3 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2007
Located in Los Angeles, CA
You may also contact the seller by phone
More From This Seller
Late 18th Century Provincial Giltwood Mirror
Antique 18th Century French Wall Mirrors
Mirror in gilded wood with beaded edge, the pediment composed of an oval medallion with two flamed hearts topped with a basket of intertwined flowers and fruits, flanked by eagles s...
18th Century Painting of Young Woman
Antique 18th Century and Earlier Italian Paintings
Late-18th-century oil painting on canvas in a 19th-century giltwood frame.
Late 18th Century Cast Iron Candelabra
Antique 18th Century Italian More Lighting
The graceful lines of this large iron candelabra from the Italian countryside evoke both the elegance of the period with the more rustic feeling of the terrain. Standing at nearly 30...
18th Century French Oak Console Table
Antique 18th Century and Earlier French Console Tables
This console is a marvel that takes your breath away. The natural carved oak console is supported by three voluted scroll legs that are truly extraordinary. And if that weren’t enoug...