- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Set of 3 Mid-Century Modern Venini Sconces Made of Brass and Murano Glass
- CreatorVenini (Manufacturer)
- DimensionsHeight: 11.82 in (30 cm)Width: 9.06 in (23 cm)Depth: 4.93 in (12.5 cm)
- Sold AsSet of 3
- StyleMid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of ManufactureUnknown
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationDoornspijk, NL
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU1251216380892
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Doornspijk, Netherlands
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About the Manufacturer
Beginning in the 1930s — and throughout the postwar years especially — Venini & Co. played a leading role in the revival of Italy’s high-end glass industry, pairing innovative modernist designers with the skilled artisans in the centuries-old glass workshops on the Venetian island of Murano. While the company’s founder, Paolo Venini (1895–1959), was himself a highly talented glassware designer, his true genius was to invite forward-thinking Italian and international designers to Murano’s hallowed workshops to create Venini pieces — among them Giò Ponti, Massimo Vignelli, Finnish designer Tapio Wirkkala, Thomas Stearnsof the United States and Fulvio Bianconi.
Paolo Venini trained and practiced as a lawyer for a time, though his family had been involved with glassmaking for generations. After initially buying a share in a Venetian glass firm, he took over the company as his own in 1925, and under his direction it produced mainly classical Baroque designs. In 1932, he hired the young Carlo Scarpa— who would later distinguish himself as an architect — as his lead designer. Scarpa, working in concert with practiced glass artisans, completely modernized Venini, introducing simple, pared-down forms; bright primary colors; and bold patterns such as stripes, banding and abstract compositions that utilized cross sections of murrine (glass rods).
Paolo Venini’s best designs are thought to be his two-color Clessidre hourglasses, produced from 1957 onward, and the Fazzoletto (“handkerchief”) vase, designed with Bianconi in 1949. Bianconi’s masterworks are considered by many to be his Pezzato works — colorful vases with patterns that resemble those of a patchwork quilt. Other noteworthy and highly collectible vintage Venini works include Ponti’s dual-tone stoppered bottles (circa 1948); rare glass sculptures from the Doge series by Stearns, the first American to design for the firm; Vignelli’s striped lanterns of the 1960s; the Occhi vases with eyelet-shaped patterns by Tobia Scarpa (son of Carlo); and, with their almost zen purity, the Bolle (“bubbles”) bottles designed by Wirkkala in 1968.
With these works — and many others by some of the creative titans of the 20th and 21st century — Venini has produced one of the truly great bodies of work in modern design.
- Set of 6 Mid-Century Modern Bronze Colored Sconces by Doria LeuchtenBy Doria Leuchten GermanyLocated in Doornspijk, NLBeautiful set of 6 sconces by Doria Leuchten in a bronze colored metal. All put together they form an elegant rectangular shape (60 cm / 23.6 inch high and 51 cm / 20 inch wide) but ...Category
Vintage 1960s German Mid-Century Modern Wall Lights and SconcesMaterials
- Set of 4 Hollywood Regency Corner Sconces Made of Interwoven Aluminium and BrassLocated in Doornspijk, NLBeautiful set of four wall lights destined to be mounted at the very corners of a room. The slanting interwoven widths of aluminium forming some kind of battlements, they make for q...Category
Vintage 1960s French Hollywood Regency Wall Lights and SconcesMaterials
- Mid-Century Modern XL Glass 3-Light Sconce in the Style of KalmarBy Kalmar LightingLocated in Doornspijk, NLTimeless sconce or flush mount with three bulbs under textured glass. With its length of 50.5 cm (19.9 inch) this fixture really pops.Category
Mid-20th Century Austrian Mid-Century Modern Wall Lights and SconcesMaterials
- Set of Two Mid-Century Modern White Steel Sconces in RAAK Amsterdam StyleBy RAAKLocated in Doornspijk, NLThese glossy white steel sconces are composed by two different sized half circles that intertwine. The effect of this is that beautiful diffuse light shines on three places on the wa...Category
Mid-20th Century Dutch Mid-Century Modern Wall Lights and SconcesMaterials
- Murano Glass Sconce in the Style of KalmarBy J.T. KalmarLocated in Doornspijk, NLGold colored glass sconce with brass plates on the extremes.Category
Vintage 1960s Austrian Mid-Century Modern Wall Lights and SconcesMaterials
- Mid-Century Modern Pair of White Sconces "Heksenhoed" by Harco LoorBy Harco Loor 1Located in Doornspijk, NLVery rare version of the well-known Heksenhoed hanging lamp: the sconce. This pair of sconces is in a beautiful condition. They provide for a very warm and cosy light. The Heksenho...Category
Vintage 1970s Dutch Mid-Century Modern Wall Lights and SconcesMaterials
- Pair of Mid-Century Venini Murano "Reticello" Glass and Brass Sconces, 1960sBy VeniniLocated in Roma, ITGorgeous pair of appliques in white Murano glass and crystal and brass. These amazing pieces were made in Italy in the 1960s and are attributed to Venini. These objects are magnific...Category
Mid-20th Century Mid-Century Modern Chandeliers and PendantsMaterials
- Murano Glass and Chrome Mid Century Sconces, by Venini - Set of SixBy VeniniLocated in Dallas, TXPair of "Triedri" clear Murano glass wall sconces or flush-mounts, Mid-Century Modern, by Venini, Italy, 1980s. We have 3 pairs available. Sold and priced by pair. The vintage sco...Category
Vintage 1980s Italian Mid-Century Modern Wall Lights and SconcesMaterials
- Mid Century Modern Clear Murano Glass Sconces, Venini - a pairBy VeniniLocated in Dallas, TXPair of Modernist vintage Murano glass sconces, by Venini Italy circa 1980s. Venini famous Triedri glass design, for those wall sconces, in clear handmade Murano glass, with a chrome...Category
Vintage 1980s Italian Wall Lights and SconcesMaterials
- Italian Mid-Century Venini Murano Glass SconcesBy VeniniLocated in North Bergen, NJStunning Italian Mid-Century Modern sconces by Venini. Having a brass frame and beautiful glass prisms. Each of the prisms are solid glass, measuring 8 inches each. Three available.Category
Vintage 1960s Mid-Century Modern Wall Lights and Sconces$2,000 / item
- Italian Mid-Century Venini Murano Glass SconcesBy VeniniLocated in North Bergen, NJStunning Italian Mid-Century Modern sconces by Venini. Having a brass frame and beautiful glass prisms. Each of the prisms are solid glass, measuring 11 inches each. Three available.Category
Vintage 1960s Mid-Century Modern Wall Lights and Sconces$2,100 / item
- 3 Mid-Century Modern Murano 'Filigrana' Glass Sconces, Venini, circa 1950By VeniniLocated in Merida, Yucatan3 Mid-Century Modern sconces attributed to Venini, with a Murano glass shade in 'Filigrana' technique, Italy, circa 1950.Category
Vintage 1950s Italian Mid-Century Modern Wall Lights and SconcesMaterials
Murano Glass$640 Sale Price / item20% Off