This stunning, large and very comfortable hand-carved walnut banquette/sofa sports its original needlework tapestry upholstery featuring the Three Mousquetieres, d'Artagnan and the Queen of France. The needlework is in near-perfect condition and has beautifully muted colors of peach, salmon, cream and an olive-green. The walnut has been stripped of its original dark finish and waxed, so it has a lovely light and warm color. The top back corner edge, which is covered in original gold fabric, has a small tear that likely can be repaired or the backside can be recovered. Fabulous in a large hallway, drawing room or library.
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacturecirca 1870
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionExcellent. Two feet have had small and very good repairs; small torn upper corner to fabric on back..
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses.
H 46 in. x W 64.5 in. x D 26 in.
H 116.84 cm x W 163.83 cm x D 66.04 cm
- Seat height18 in. (45.72 cm)
- Seller locationWoodbury, CT
- Seller reference numberFSO 1001
- Reference numberLU86341315432
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2009
Typical response time: 1 hr
Located in Woodbury, CT
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like